Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

installing the threading building blocks.

ragebunnykickass
Beginner
Hey i know this is very basic stuff, but i al really lost with getting started.

I've downloaded the latest stable release from:

and i have also been reading the installation instructions form the same website. The problem i have is that the install instructions for windows talk about a .exe file that is not in this release, it is just source files.

Could any one tell me how to get myself started on this?

Thanks,
Brian.
0 Kudos
2 Replies
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
Hey i know this is very basic stuff, but i al really lost with getting started.

I've downloaded the latest stable release from:

and i have also been reading the installation instructions form the same website. The problem i have is that the install instructions for windows talk about a .exe file that is not in this release, it is just source files.

Part of the confusion is that Threading Building Blocks comes in two distribution modes, the commercial version, which has installers and license checks, exe-filesand all that, and the Open Source version, which is the one available at the website you cite above. Taking a look at the latest stable download at that site, I see the following:

As you can see here, there are a variety of payloads available, one binary package for each platform and a source package. Most unpackage with gzip and tar (both can be invoked as part of the tar line) or zip (Winzip or the Microsoft version). Usually I unpackage the source and specific architecture version to the same directory to be sure I have all the header files and libraries in the same place.

0 Kudos
ragebunnykickass
Beginner

Part of the confusion is that Threading Building Blocks comes in two distribution modes, the commercial version, which has installers and license checks, exe-filesand all that, and the Open Source version, which is the one available at the website you cite above. Taking a look at the latest stable download at that site, I see the following:

As you can see here, there are a variety of payloads available, one binary package for each platform and a source package. Most unpackage with gzip and tar (both can be invoked as part of the tar line) or zip (Winzip or the Microsoft version). Usually I unpackage the source and specific architecture version to the same directory to be sure I have all the header files and libraries in the same place.

Hey, thanks for the reply i was starting to think that no one would.

Ok, so if i download the windows .zip file i just extract it for the compressed file and copy it to the right directory right?

So these files are compiled and ready to use?

Thank you for you time?
Brian.
0 Kudos