Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol

johnsonjthomas
Beginner
Hi,

I am trying to port TBB 2.2 to HP-UX IA64 platform. I have tried building the library with aCC (eval version) and it makes the libtbb.so and libtbbmalloc.so both for release and debug versions. But as soon as it starts of with the /src/test/ directory and when it runs the test_ScalableAllocator.cpp, it shows the following errors,

ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__itt_notify_sync_acquired_ptr_" in file libtbbmalloc_debug.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__itt_notify_sync_releasing_ptr_" in file libtbbmalloc_debug.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__itt_sync_rename_ptr_" in file libtbbmalloc_debug.so
ld: (Warning) Unsatisfied symbol "__TBB_load_ittnotify" in file libtbbmalloc_debug.so
4 warnings.

and subseqently it shows for other test files also. When it enters the examples directory and it tries to build the example files, it shows the same type of errors. I know that it is some sort of linker error but not able to figure out as to what is happening here. Could anyone suggest me as to how to solve this problem.I have attached the build output with this post. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
Johnson
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexandr_K_Intel1
Mentioned symbols are used for support of Intel Threading Tools (like Intel Thread Profielr etc). Because there is no those tools on HP-UX, their suppot have to be disabled altogether by erasing DO_ITT_NOTIFY from appropriate build/*.inc file. From your "output" I see you have this macro.
0 Kudos
johnsonjthomas
Beginner
Hi Alexandr,

Thanks a lot. It no longer shows linker errors.

Thanks,
Johnson
0 Kudos