Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

memory pools

nepomuk
Beginner
Hi,

my question is basically, whether I can prevent memory pools from calling deallocate on the underlying memory provider. Our app goes through alternating phases of high and low memory usage. We can see that sometimes in a phase of low memory usage the memory pool is giving memory back to the underlying memory provider. I would really like to prevent that from happening. We are going to allocate that memory the next second anyway.

Thx.
0 Kudos
6 Replies
RafSchietekat
Valued Contributor III
This is a nontrivial feature, so how much do you think would be gained by disabling it? Note that allocation of chunks is amortised over many end-user allocations, and you might easily pin the former in place by keeping some of the latter.
0 Kudos
Alexandr_K_Intel1
This feature was implemented, but it's not released yet. I hope we able to release this soon. We'll update you in this thread after the release.
0 Kudos
RafSchietekat
Valued Contributor III
Now I'm officially confused. :-) Never mind...
0 Kudos
SergeyKostrov
Valued Contributor II
This feature was implemented, but it's not released yet. I hope we able to release this soon. We'll update you in this thread after the release.

I would beglad to see some "sticky" posts in the Intel Threading Building Blocks Forumwith some the most
important information about the product ( Linksto downloads & docs, News, Releases, Updates, Fixes, etc ).

If I try to follow a link:

Product Information
Intel Threading Building Blocks Product/Release

I will seesome generic web-page that has no any information about TBB:

http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/intel-software-developer-support/

If I try to follow a link:

Knowledge Base
Intel Threading Building Blocks Knowledge Base

I will see some generic web-page with a very limited information about TBB. So, improvements are needed.

Best regards,
Sergey
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Thanks Sergey for feedback,
we used to have such table with sticky posts. I'll try to find out why it disappeared.
--Vladimir
0 Kudos
Alexandr_K_Intel1
Thisis part of 4.0 update 3, to use the policy set keepAllMemory flag during policy creation.
0 Kudos