Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

multithreaded server application

Syl_S_
Beginner

Hello,

I'm a new user of TBB and I'm looking for some hints about the use of TBB in this context :

[cpp]        -> Session(id:1) -> Task1(Type:1)

-> Task2(Type:2)

-> Task3(Type:3)

Network -> Session(id:2) -> Task4(Type:3)

-> Task5(Type:2)

-> Task6(Type:1)

-> Session(id:3) -> Task7(Type:2)

-> Task8(Type:3)

-> Task9(Type:1)[/cpp]

• It is a server application.
  • Each Session (client) produces Tasks (packet).
  • Tasks for a Session have to be always sequentially executed (Example : Task1 -> Task2 -> Task3)
  • Tasks of some Type have to be sequentially executed too (Example : Task1 -> Task6 -> Task9)
  • But not all Types (Example : Type3 don't need to be sequentially executed : Task4 -> Task8 -> Task3)
  • Sessions number could reach about 5000
  • Packets number shouldn't go over 10/second
  • Most of the tasks (in quantity) should be a non-sequential Type.

What features would you use to implements something like this ? (I'm just looking for the right feature choice, not a complete solution)

PS : as a non-English-speaker, by sequentially I mean : tasks have to wait the end of execution of the previous one to be executed.

Thanks for reading

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Syl_S_
Beginner

I should add that I already have the system (async boost:asio server) which can fill the task queue. My question is more about the multithreaded handling / queueing of these tasks.

Vladimir_P_Intel2

Hello 

maybe "network router simulator" sample might help in your case 
http://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/using-intel-tbb-in-network-applications-network-router-emul...

--Vladimir