Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.
2421 Discussions

problem with linking tbb3 in visual studio 2010 - 'cannot open input file 'tbb.libkernel32.lib''

Carey
Beginner
Hi

I've just set up a solution in visual studio for tbb 3.0 using previously existing code that compiled with tbb 2.1. I imported the code into an entirly new project.

I've followed the setup instructions
- set the environment variable in windows 7
- added '$(TBB3_INSTALL_DIR)\\include\\; to C++->General->additional include directories'
- added '$(TBB3_INSTALL_DIR)\\lib\\ia32\\vc10\\;' to linker->General->additional library dependancies
- added (for release configuration) 'tbb.lib' to Linker->Input->additional dependancies.

But when I compile I get the error:

'LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'tbb.libkernel32.lib'

There is no such file, and I don't quite know how to solve this.

Any help?
0 Kudos
2 Replies
Alexey_K_Intel3
Employee
I guess you forgot a space between tbb.lib and kernel32.lib in the "additional dependencies".
Carey
Beginner
I tried that. It just wouldn't work. I went on to have all sorts of weird linker errors, so I went back to my previous VC10 console project files and just updated them to use TBB3.

The problems gone now. Not before losing me a whole days productivity alas :(

Thanks for the answer Alexey