Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

required files for installed program using TBB

digiplant
Beginner
Hi. I have a program that I migrated over to TBB from openMP. This program has a GUI in c# that calls a native c++ library through a c==/cli wrapper. Before the change, everything worked fine. Now, when I attempt to create a new c++/cli object from the library that includes TBB, it crashes, giving me a file not found exection from the cli.
My question is are there any files that I need to include with the installed version in order for this to work? Is there some kind of runtime library that I need to install on the computer it is being installed on.
More details: This program works with no error when installed on my development computer (that I have TBB installed on). Also, I don't know if it makes any difference, but I am using a trial version of the commercial TBB package. Perhaps something is disabled for install?
Thanks.
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Yes, Intel TBB uses runtime library. In Windows* the target machine should have at leasttbb.dll that can be located by PATH variable. There are also other TBB dlls in installation folder, on my PC it is:
Intel C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32

Your application may use tbbmalloc.dll and other dlls, so they should be on target machine as well.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Kirill_R_Intel
Employee

Yes, Intel TBB uses runtime library. In Windows* the target machine should have at leasttbb.dll that can be located by PATH variable. There are also other TBB dlls in installation folder, on my PC it is:
Intel C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\ComposerXE-2011\redist\ia32

Your application may use tbbmalloc.dll and other dlls, so they should be on target machine as well.

0 Kudos