Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

set tbb lib and include path

eva2002
Beginner
Hi all,

I am having some trouble in getting tbb setup. I have downloaded the src and lin file and extracted them. however the linux version (linux 2.6.18) I am using is not found in the lin (binary tar file).

I read a website which someone wrote and under it, it states that when running make, it will create the lib file for linux but it doesn't seem so.

Can anyone help me out by guiding me throught how to get tbb set up (starting from extracting the tar files)
Thanks

Regards,
Stanley
0 Kudos
2 Replies
robert-reed
Valued Contributor II
Have you found and looked over the build instructions? If you browse the index.html file at the top of the source tree, you'll see a build directions link. If you haven't already studied that, it might be a good place to start.
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee

Among the pre-built binaries, you should rather look for one matching your GCC version than kernel version. In case there is no exact match, try finding a most close match: compare version digits starting from major version, i.e. left-to-right. In most cases, you should find one that will work for you.

0 Kudos