Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

tbb VS 2008 add-in

p_nahum
Beginner
Good afternoon everyone,

I am having some issues installing the VS 2008 Add-in for TBB in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Inside Add-in Manager (Tools->Add-in Manager) I am able to see the Intel TBB Integration info.

When I go to Help->About, I am also able to see the Intel TBB Integration info. Note that I added the enviromental variable, TBB22_INSTAL_DIR.

After reading an old thread from the forum, I went to Tools->Options->Environment->Add-in/Macros Security and added the path to the add-in. Yet I am not able to right-click on the project item in the solution explorer and use the "Intel sub menu". In fact, I am not able to see this sub-menu. The same happens if I go to the Project Menu.

I replicated the same steps in a 32-bit XP PC, and got the same outcome. The only thing in commun is the fact that I am using VS Team System 2008. Any ideas how can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot for your time. And, of course, Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pengphy
Beginner
Quoting - p_nahum
Good afternoon everyone,

I am having some issues installing the VS 2008 Add-in for TBB in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Inside Add-in Manager (Tools->Add-in Manager) I am able to see the Intel TBB Integration info.

When I go to Help->About, I am also able to see the Intel TBB Integration info. Note that I added the enviromental variable, TBB22_INSTAL_DIR.

After reading an old thread from the forum, I went to Tools->Options->Environment->Add-in/Macros Security and added the path to the add-in. Yet I am not able to right-click on the project item in the solution explorer and use the "Intel sub menu". In fact, I am not able to see this sub-menu. The same happens if I go to the Project Menu.

I replicated the same steps in a 32-bit XP PC, and got the same outcome. The only thing in commun is the fact that I am using VS Team System 2008. Any ideas how can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot for your time. And, of course, Happy Holidays!

hi,i have succussfully inserted TBB add-ininto vs 2008,and exampleswork well.But i do not know how to install and configuratetbb22_009oss_win.zipin windows7! So,could you give me some suggestions?

thanks a lot!
0 Kudos