Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
Announcements
This community is designed for sharing of public information. Please do not share Intel or third-party confidential information here.

tbb VS 2008 add-in

p_nahum
Beginner
Good afternoon everyone,

I am having some issues installing the VS 2008 Add-in for TBB in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Inside Add-in Manager (Tools->Add-in Manager) I am able to see the Intel TBB Integration info.

When I go to Help->About, I am also able to see the Intel TBB Integration info. Note that I added the enviromental variable, TBB22_INSTAL_DIR.

After reading an old thread from the forum, I went to Tools->Options->Environment->Add-in/Macros Security and added the path to the add-in. Yet I am not able to right-click on the project item in the solution explorer and use the "Intel sub menu". In fact, I am not able to see this sub-menu. The same happens if I go to the Project Menu.

I replicated the same steps in a 32-bit XP PC, and got the same outcome. The only thing in commun is the fact that I am using VS Team System 2008. Any ideas how can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot for your time. And, of course, Happy Holidays!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
pengphy
Beginner
Quoting - p_nahum
Good afternoon everyone,

I am having some issues installing the VS 2008 Add-in for TBB in Windows 7 (64-bit).

Inside Add-in Manager (Tools->Add-in Manager) I am able to see the Intel TBB Integration info.

When I go to Help->About, I am also able to see the Intel TBB Integration info. Note that I added the enviromental variable, TBB22_INSTAL_DIR.

After reading an old thread from the forum, I went to Tools->Options->Environment->Add-in/Macros Security and added the path to the add-in. Yet I am not able to right-click on the project item in the solution explorer and use the "Intel sub menu". In fact, I am not able to see this sub-menu. The same happens if I go to the Project Menu.

I replicated the same steps in a 32-bit XP PC, and got the same outcome. The only thing in commun is the fact that I am using VS Team System 2008. Any ideas how can I fix this issue? Thanks a lot for your time. And, of course, Happy Holidays!

hi,i have succussfully inserted TBB add-ininto vs 2008,and exampleswork well.But i do not know how to install and configuratetbb22_009oss_win.zipin windows7! So,could you give me some suggestions?

thanks a lot!