Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.
2466 Discussions

the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002

sindhura
Beginner
Hi,

i downloaded and installed the evaluation package of TBB. I ran some of the example programs using my visual studio 2008 express edition. they ran fine. when i realised that i couldn't integrate vs2008 express with tbb, i shifted to visual studio 2005, downloaded the msvs plugin to integrate vc++ 2005 with tbb.
when i build my application, the built succeeds, but when i try to run it, (ctrl+F5), "the application failed to initialize properly 0xc0150002" pops up. even the tbb examples dont run anymore.
i'd be really grateful if someone could tell me where i goofed up.
Regards,
Sindhura
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Hi Sindhura, let me ask a few questions.
- what is the TBB version you worked with?
- do you use plain VS 2005, or with the service pack 1?

By the way you could use TBB with VS 2008 Express. Express editions do not support plugins so the TBB integration plugin does not work, but the TBB itself can be used; you just need to configure its use manually by specifying TBB directories and libraries to be used in your project:

- The path to the TBB header files should be added to "Additional Include Directories".
- The path to the TBB linklibraries (*.lib files) should be added to "Additional Library Directories"; be sure to use libraries from vc8 folder with VS 2005, and from vc9 folder with VS 2008.
- The path to the corresponding TBB dynamic libraries (*.dll files) should be added to your PATH environment variable.
- The TBB linklibraries should be added into "Additional Dependencies" (tbb.lib for Release configuration, and tbb_debug.lib for Debug).
0 Kudos
sindhura
Beginner
hi Alexey, thank you for helping out.
i'm working with Intel TBB 2.1
i did what you suggested with the 2008 express edition. the examples run fine now... but when i right click on the project name in the solution explorer, it does not give me an option that turns TBB on and off, neither does it show TBB integration in About under Help. does this mean TBB is integrated or not?

0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
Both the project context menu item and information in Help/About are provided by the integration plugin, which does not work in express editions of Visual Studio. This plugin however is optional; it helps to set up TBB use in a VC++ project, but it does not affect how TBB works. In other words, after you set up a project for a TBB app as described above, the app should build and run in VS 2008 Express - as you see it with the examples.
0 Kudos