Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

Christopher_Paolini

0 Kudos
3 Replies
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Thanks for reaching out to us.

We are unable to see your query on this page.

Could you please confirm whether this is the query you wanted to ask

""Greetings,

This issue was addressed in a previous (now closed) post:

https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-oneAPI-Threading-Building/Reference-to-split-is-ambiguous/m-p/1196139/highlight/true#M14694

With the latest version of oneAPI, this issue persists:

In file included from

/opt/intel/oneapi/tbb/2021.3.0/env/../include/tbb/parallel_reduce.h:17:/opt/intel/oneapi/tbb/2021.3.0/env/../include/tbb/../oneapi/tbb/parallel_reduce.h:379:57:

error: reference to 'split' is ambiguouslambda_reduce_body(

lambda_reduce_body& other, tbb::split

)^/opt/intel/oneapi/tbb/2021.3.0/env/../include/tbb/../oneapi/tbb/parallel_for.h:465:15:

note: candidate found by name lookup is 'tbb::v1::split'using

detail::split;^/home/paolini/dealii-candi/deal.II-v9.1.0/include/deal.II/bundled/tbb/tbb_stddef.h:391:7:

note: candidate found by name lookup is 'tbb::split'class split {^

I'm using oneAPI 2021.3.0 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux release 8.4

(Ootpa).

This error is preventing me from building with the deal.II open source

finite element library.

Any help will be much appreciated."""

Thanks & Regards,

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos
Christopher_Paolini

Hi,

Yes, after I posted the initial question, I found a resolution and tried to remove my original post. I didn't find a way to delete my post, so I edited and replaced my question with single period characters. I was trying to build the deal.II finite element library which uses Threading Building Blocks.  What was happening was the compiler was #including headers from the latest oneAPI installed package intel-oneapi-tbb-devel-2021.4.0-2021.4.0-643.x86_64 instead of deal.II's bundled older instance of tbb. I edited deal.II's #includes to explicitly import headers from the older bundled distribution, which fixed the issue. Thank you. You can mark this issue resolved.

0 Kudos
NoorjahanSk_Intel

Hi,

Glad to know that your issue is resolved. If you need any additional information, please post a new question as this thread will no longer be monitored by Intel.

Thanks & Regards

Noorjahan.

0 Kudos