Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

using spin_mutex

Vijay_O_
Beginner
I have a problem using spin_mutex. When running my application in debug mode I get the error message Entry Point Not Found The procedure point ?internal_construct@spin_mutex@tbb@@QAEXXZ could not be located in the dynamic link library tbb_debug.dll.

I am not sure but I think does this means I have to define the spin_mutex class or am I not using the class correctly. If I have to define the spin_mutex class what class method and object properties should I also define.

I would appreciate any help on this subject

thank you in advance

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Bartlomiej
New Contributor I
Certainly, you don't have to define the class spin_mutex, only one object of this class.
It is difficult to reproduce the problem from such a brief description; a piece of source code would be helpful, probably...
Regards
0 Kudos
Vijay_O_
Beginner

the code

tbb::spin_mutex m;

m.lock();

m_objDB.GetApertureTable()->CheckAndSetUndefined(&m_objDB,

true);

true);

m.unlock();

Based on the the description of the problem I think the the mutex class are not defined in the tbb_debug.dll that I am using. If this is true that where would I find the definition for this class

I am using visual c++ 2008 and the point of this code is to allow one threaded task to access apiece of critical code one at a time. IfIam trying to createa tbb::spin_mutexobject to lock this code is to lock code in a method. is the problem in the code or in the project setting?

Thank you again

0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee

My guess is that something is messed in your project setup, such as e.g. 32- vs. 64-bit TBB DLLs. Definitely the reported symbol should exist in the 32-bit DLL; I checked our DEF files and it's there. Needless to say that the library is tested extensively in a variety of configuration, and if the symbol was really missed we would see it in tests.

0 Kudos
Vijay_O_
Beginner
If this is the case what should I look for in the project setting?

Thank you in advance for the answer
0 Kudos
Alexey-Kukanov
Employee
I'd recommend you to read the TBB Tutorial for the information on VC project setup.

One particular way and convenient way is to use TBB integration plug-infor MSVS that you find in http://threadingbuildingblocks.org > Downloads > Extras. It has some usage limitations though; in particular, there are known issues with localized versions of VS. The latest available version does not support TBB 3.0; if necessary you can add a 3.0 configuration as described in the README for the plug-in, or wait for an update (to be released soon).
0 Kudos