Intel® oneAPI Threading Building Blocks
Ask questions and share information about adding parallelism to your applications when using this threading library.

[windup] TBB for MinGW

leepl
Beginner
Hallo, I know that the topic was already broached earlier but it isn't bright. The question is simple I know that TBB officially isn't supporting MinGW but whether somebody has version for this compiler. Can you upload it?.

Thanks
0 Kudos
6 Replies
Vladimir_P_1234567890

MinGW support was added to the 20090511 development release.
0 Kudos
gianpatt
Beginner

MinGW support was added to the 20090511 development release.

Sorry but, i can't find it.

I have downloaded the 20090511 version but when run compiler "make compiler=gcc " i have this message "Compiler gcc is not supported on windows. Add build/windows.gcc.inv file....".

What's wrong? Thank you for your support.
0 Kudos
Vladimir_P_1234567890
Quoting - gianpatt

Sorry but, i can't find it.

I have downloaded the 20090511 version but when run compiler "make compiler=gcc " i have this message "Compiler gcc is not supported on windows. Add build/windows.gcc.inv file....".

What's wrong? Thank you for your support.

Please find required file next to source archive on the download page. Thanks for pointing this:) the file should be copied to the build/ folder.

Vladimir
0 Kudos
gianpatt
Beginner

Please find required file next to source archive on the download page. Thanks for pointing this:) the file should be copied to the build/ folder.

Vladimir

Sorry again Vladimir, i can't find it....
0 Kudos
Anton_Pegushin
New Contributor II
Quoting - gianpatt

Sorry again Vladimir, i can't find it....
Hi, what Vladimir meant was that if you go to the download page of that particular package (http://www.threadingbuildingblocks.org/ver.php?fid=139), you'll find that Vladimir added a windows.gcc.inc file (separate download), that needs to go to the /build directory. After that support for MinGW support will work.
0 Kudos
prakointel
Beginner

Hi,
Do we really need to use mingw? Coz i jus installed the TBB Visual Studio plugin. Does the installation procedure vary with the processor architechture like Intel or AMD?
0 Kudos