Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2833 Discussions

AMT - SCS SCCM addon and Manageability Commander Compatability with SCCM

AGuzm6
Beginner

Hello,

I was wondering if there was more specific documentation as to the versions of SCCM that are compatible with the manageability commander and the SCS addon? We are on Server 2016 running SCCM Version 1806. I don't know if there is a compatibility issue, but the SCS Console and RCS are working fine. We can remote provision and unprovision PCs. However, when we attempt to integrate the SCCM Addon it doesn't seem to do anything. It added the hardware classes and installed, but doesn't seem to do anything in terms of finding devices to provision, or provisioning devices. The Manageability Commander Utility also doesn't seem to be recognizing that SCCM is installed on the machines at all, so it will not install the addon for SCCM. We were hoping that everything would work together cohesively.

Is this a compatibility issue or am I just doing something wrong?

0 Kudos
13 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello Adrian, Thank you for joining the community. What you are facing is a compatibility issue since the SCCM Add-on from version 2 and above is compatible with Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2 (Verified with build 5.0.8239.1000). For more details about this you can check the Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) Add-on for Microsoft* System Center Configuration Manager document included in the SCCM Add-on download in section 2.1 "Required Software" Hope this helps Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BuckyBadger
Beginner

You have to run the installer with administrator rights (actually right click on it, etc). If not, it can't detect if the SCCM console is installed.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello AGuzm6, Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AGuzm6
Beginner

HI Jose, I just wanted to follow up on this. From the release notes for the SCS Addon under the prerequisites section it notes the following:

What is that referencing?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
AGuzm6
Beginner

Apologies Jose, I wasn't aware we couldn't paste photos. I included it in the previous post but I don't see it. It stated the required software was Microsoft System Configuration Manger current build 1806.

image.png

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello AGuzm6, I found the document you referred and you are correct. I definitely apologize. Going back to your original question, there is a Intel Manageability Commander User Guide that describes the installation method when integrating with SCCM (Section 3.1). You can find this document here: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/Intel_MC_User_Guide.pdf Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AGuzm6
Beginner

Thank you for the reply Jose! I guess my followup question is, why doesn't it do anything when installed on SCCM then? Also, I would really like to know why when I install the manageability commander even though I have SCCM installed on my machine I don't get the option for the plugin?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello AGuzm6, So that happens even if you uninstall and reinstall IMC from scratch on a SCCM machine? Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AGuzm6
Beginner

yes sir, it doesn't give the option for the SCCM addon at all

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello AGuzm6, Another community member suggested to run as administrator when starting the installation. By any chance have you tried that? Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
AGuzm6
Beginner

I have tried that but still no luck. It is an msi installer, so I can't just right click and run as an administrator, but I have tried various different methods to call it as an administrator. Would you have one in particular you would like me to attempt?

Thanks,

0 Kudos
BuckyBadger
Beginner

Launch a command prompt as administrator and call the msi that way.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello AGuzm6, No really about any alternate method. It seems like this is a weird issue and we might need to engage our engineering department for more details. I will do a consultation with them and will let you know their finding. This usually takes a bit longer so please bear with us. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos