Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

AMT VPRO SNMP Dell 3930 Workstation

PIbbe
Beginner

I am trying to determine if it's possible to get similar functionality to what is possible with an idrac via AMT vPRO for things like hardware failures through SNMP.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, Thank you for joining the community Even when the vPro/AMT technology has similar features like Dell iDrac, HP iLo and Intel RMM4, it does not have an option to set SNMP traps like in a server environment. The AMT technology is more intended for desktops and mini PCs management allowing massive updates and remote connections but it is not capable to capture SNMP updates for health monitoring. If you want to get more details about the Intel vPro Setup and Configuration Software you can check the following user guide: https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf Hope this helps Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PIbbe
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Thanks for the quick response. I was hoping that something similar could be implemented via Event Subscriptions but I am having difficutly finding information/examples, etc on how to use those.

Cheers,

Paul

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, In page 100 of the document I attached there is a feature named Event Manager, but it is not available in all version of AMT. Probably this is like the closest to what you are looking for. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, I am just following up to double check if you were able to get some progress on your issue. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back. This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 48 hours if no activity is received. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PIbbe
Beginner
Hi Jose, Appreciate the follow-up. I did get a reply from and email I sent to ylian.saint-hilaire@intel.com<mailto:ylian.saint-hilaire@intel.com>, which seems to line up with what we already knew and even though SNMP isn’t an option at least it’s something. Although in our case, due to the other limitations in the KVM side of things as well, We will probably just use it for re-active monitoring. “ On the client side with AMT, it’s a bit of a trade-off because the cost must be low. In any case, the Intel AMT reference guide is here: https://software.intel.com/sites/manageability/AMT_Implementation_and_Reference_Guide/default.htm. You can subscribe to events and just need a standard HTTP server to receive them. You can use MeshCommander to add a subscription. Just a note that the events you will get are exactly the events that are already in the event log. So, it’s probably worth looking at that log to make sure it gives you the events you are looking for.” Cheers, Paul
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, Sounds like a plan. Let us know how it goes. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, I am just following up to double check if you were able to perform the testing you were planning. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
PIbbe
Beginner
Unfortunately the only alerts that seemed to get passed through were chassis intrusion. You’re welcome to close the thread.
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello PIbbe, Thanks for the feedback. I will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos