Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

AMT WLAN mode can't saw wireless IP

idata
Employee

Hi experts:

Anyone can do me a favor ?

I guide from PDF following link: http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-1276

but execute to Page 10, after setting WLAN mode, and I refresh the web page the Intel vPro WLAN IP can't be saw.

we use Linksys WAP4400N 802.11n AP. Looking forward to you answer.

0 Kudos
28 Replies
JoshHilliker
Employee

Which web page are you referring to? the AMT web page on teh specific client? or on the router?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry, forgot to paste the picture .following is...Wireless IP address is 0.0.0.0, if fact the client and console are connecte to AP.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any one can give me answer ? this issue is emergency.....?:|

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

do you have the system hard lined & wireless as well? Looks like hardline is picking up the address. have you unplugged the hardline to just go wireless?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm make sure no hardline issue, because I can ping from console to client.

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

a few more questions:

did you setup the WPA profile per the document?

is the machine just wireless only?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

attached is WPA setting, for wlan mode setting need to connected to client machine, so LAN had connected. all the process is according to document http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-1276

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

what does your wireless profile screen look like and did you also add this setting to the access point?

have you also rebooted since you added the wireless profile to the client?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

After restart the machine, WLAN IP is occurred.

Thank you very much for your support._

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

If any more questions let me know..

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, Josh,

I met a new problem.

firstly, I want to confirm in wireless mode, the Wireless mode is means console and client machines are wireless ? or just console wireless it's ok?

following combine, which one is correct ?

Wireless(console) -->Wireless (client)

Wireless(console) -->wire (client)

Wire (console) --> wireless (client)

secondly, how can I know the machine work under Wireless mode? because I conncet Wire & Wireless at same time.

Thirdly what's relationship between the IP of ME and OS LAN IP? they are isolate or conjunction ?

May I use Intel DTK to control the WLAN mode testing ?

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

firstly, I want to confirm in wireless mode, the Wireless mode is means console and client machines are wireless ? or just console wireless it's ok?

following combine, which one is correct ?

Wireless(console) -->Wireless (client)

Wireless(console) -->wire (client)

Wire (console) --> wireless (client)

--> all are okay.. you can have wireless console, wireless client, or any combination above. Only concern on a wireless console is that if you are on DHCP your provisioning server IP address could change & cause problems. Unless your DNS is updating the record so that the provisioning server resolves to the right console.

secondly, how can I know the machine work under Wireless mode? because I conncet Wire & Wireless at same time.

--> Unplug the wired connection, then search for the client, you should be able to see it's a wireless connection (also do in S0 power state) see this thread for the exact power state options. http://softwareblogs.intel.com/2007/01/10/all-about-system-power-states-s0-s5/

Thirdly what's relationship between the IP of ME and OS LAN IP? they are isolate or conjunction ?

--> when powered off & plugged into power/network the IP of the ME, then after the OS boots the IP resolves back to the OS owning the IP address. conjunction yes.

May I use Intel DTK to control the WLAN mode testing ?

certainly.. I would recommend just disconnecting the wired connection, searching via the ISV console for the box & then trying the connection. Pending your ISV vs. DTK/ISDU the experience will be slightly different. let me know the console & i'll provide more information.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Now we use the console web interface mode http://wireip/ :16992 , firstly use wire mode configure the wireless profile,

then unplug the wire cable, http://wireless/ IP:16992. that is ok for control.

But when if I use the DTK V0.51, machine can conncet to wireless mode, but that is can't control by remote control menu.

refer to attached picture.

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee
0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

Which web page are you referring to? the AMT web page on teh specific client? or on the router?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Sorry, forgot to paste the picture .following is...Wireless IP address is 0.0.0.0, if fact the client and console are connecte to AP.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Any one can give me answer ? this issue is emergency.....?:|

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

do you have the system hard lined & wireless as well? Looks like hardline is picking up the address. have you unplugged the hardline to just go wireless?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I'm make sure no hardline issue, because I can ping from console to client.

0 Kudos
JoshHilliker
Employee

a few more questions:

did you setup the WPA profile per the document?

is the machine just wireless only?

0 Kudos