Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

AMT enabled docking stations

Tomik
Beginner
Hi,

are there any Intel vPro enabled docking stations ? I've seen this question before, but was just wondering whether there's any news.
Our company has got a heavy use for it, especially remote rebuilds.
But our supplier states HP is ditching ethernet ports and will stick with USB-c instead.
So going forward, we are looking into ways of not losing this option.
I do get why its complicated, but im hoping theres someone smart enough to tackle this at some point

Thank you
Kind regards
Tom
0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Tomik,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

Unfortunately we don't have updates about vPro compatible docking stations for vPro capable systems, (mainly laptops). What I thing it could work is to use keep using the wifi connection when the system is docked. It is possible to remote manage a system using AMT through wlan so this might be an option.

For more details about docking stations and compatible systems will be better to contact the systems OEM, HP in this case since this is pretty specific to their designs.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Tomik,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. I will try to reach you back on next Thursday 22nd if still not hearing from you by then.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Tomik,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos