Intel® vPro™ Platform
Intel Manageability Forum (Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander)
Announcements
Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Cloud Start Tool for Azure* 2.0 is now available for download here.

The Intel® Manageability Commander 2.2 has been released! Learn more here.

The Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant, version 1.6.0 is now available for download here.

The Intel® Setup and Configuration Software tool will End of Life (EOL) on 12/31/2022. The Intel® Setup and Configuration Software Download will be available until March 31, 2021. For details, Please click here.
2562 Discussions

AMT stops responding via network - DHCP IP Address missing

GMaie4
Beginner

Hello,

After initial Configuration on a new client AMT work fine. After some days AMT stops responding on the network. Only a hard reset of the computer pulling the powercord reactivate AMT on the client.

Since AMT Version 11 I have to change the AMT initial configuration  process.

Right now I enable AMT in BIOS. After reboot I logon to the MEBx via ctrl -P .   I change the default password and activate network access with DHCP Ip-Sharing with host. Thereafter I import my self-signed openssl certificates with powershell to access the system remote via port 16993 only.

That work fine but after a while AMT stops responding.  Connecting to AMT via localhost on the device revealed that the link is up but the system didn't receive an IP-address.

When I hard switch off the system MEBx reinitialize  and the system is working for a view days, loosing it s Ip -Address  again.

Solutions appreciate!

Regards

Günter

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello GMaie4,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

The issue you describe sounds like a known issue reported with 6th generation core processors. Please take a look at this public article and let me know if it works for you: Intel AMT login error message "User name was not recognized"

I will look forward for your feedback.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

GMaie4
Beginner
Hello Jose, I checked the article but my CPU is a Intel 8th generation and it is possible to reboot the system. Computer model ESPRIMO P958 Manufacturer FUJITSU Product name D3602-A1 BIOS Version V5.0.0.13 R1.13.0 for D3602-A1x Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-8500 CPU @ 3.00GHz What else could be the problem? Last week i pulled the powercord of this computer. Today it responds still to requests. So it worked for one week but after a while it will stop! Regular pings are send to this systems but the new AMT Firmware won't wake up within time so the pings are not responded. Regards Günter Regards
JoseH_Intel

Hello GMaie4,

Thanks for the updates. By any change have you already updated the BIOS and/or Management Engine firmware for your system? We have seen this issue been related to ME firmware not up to date.

We'll look forward for you updates

Regards

Jose A.

GMaie4
Beginner
Hi Jose, it can't be an firmware version issue, because I have more than new 100 computers (Two different series) with the same problem. Most of them have the latest bios/firmware Version. All my old computers (more than 100) with outdated firmware work without problems. (Initial configuration done by Manageability Commander and certificates altered manually due to computer renaming) Thus it must be a problem with the new firmware releases. Either the AMT-firmware is not stable enough and it crash after a while or there is a feature that shutdown the LAN Port after a while when I did a manual configuration only. Do you have any ideas Regards
JoseH_Intel

Hello GMaie4,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this.

Regards

Jose A.

JoseH_Intel

Hello GMaie4,

By any chance have you opened a ticket with Fujitsu about this issue? Do you know if they have any latest BIOS/firmware update available, possibly not released yet, that might address this particular issue?

I think it would be worthy to ask them if they have similar issues reported on their systems and how did they get them fix.

Regards

Jose A.

MichaelA_Intel

Hi Gunter,

​​​​​​​I've read through the details in the case and also on this thread. I understand that both the older systems and newer systems are experiencing this issue. Can you please provide:

1. Firmware versions of non-working systems, both old and new?
  2. Make and model of systems that are experiencing this issue
  3. Are you using 802.1x, either wired or wireless?

Regards,

Michael

GMaie4
Beginner
1. Fujitsu announce next firmware version in a few weeks. Most computers have the latest available firmware. It is not a mater of AMT version or computer model; all versions of AMT Firmware 12 have the same behavior; It could be a problem of the manufacturer or of the configuration. (or of the amt firmware) 1. a All computers are pinged every 5 Minutes. Computers with AMT version 12 are functional after a powerloss (new initialization of the amt Firmware) ! They should respond to pings. But it takes a while until they wake up and answer to ping. They shut down network LAN interface after a few days. (Some computer after 4 days others work for 3 weeks) 2. All computers are connected to LAN. 3. On machine - local access to amt is possible 4. Configuration of PCs with AMT version 12: (The amt configuration was enabled via ; enter new password; enable AMT; upload certificates with powershell; Enable SSL) 5. Computers with older non supported AMT Firmware <12 work well. (In this case the initial configuration was done with Manageability Developer Tool Kit ; certificates updated with powershell)
MichaelA_Intel

GMaie4,

I would like to set up a virtual troubleshooting session with you so that you can show us this behavior and we can look at the settings. I still do not know if you have implemented 802.1x. In order to do so, is it ok to move this conversation for now over to email?

Regards,

Michael

MichaelA_Intel

Hi GMaie4

Just checking to see if you read my last post.

Regards,

Michael