Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

BIOS (legacy vs UEFI) vs AMT with 802.1x wired - drop packets from BIOS

George7
Novice
Hi,

If PC is in Legacy mode and from BIOS call option "Check the Network for BIOS Updates", then BIOS send DHCP+ARP+DNS+TCP(HTTP) traffic. Everything is OK.

If PC is in UEFI mode and from BIOS call option "Check the Network for BIOS Updates", then BIOS send nothing (0 packets) - AMT with configure 802.1x drop every packet from BIOS.

HW is HP 800 G2 DM 35W. (Probably a bug in all HP models.)

BIOS ver. 02.47 Rev.A (SP103794.exe)

AMT FW 11.8.65

802.1x configure protocol EAP-TLS.

If AMT reconfigure without 802.1x, then everything works properly even with UEFI mode.

Please help. Thanks.

George

4 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello George7,

Welcome back to the Intel community

From a previous thread you opened I remember your systems were up to date on their BIOS and ME firmware and drivers. If not please let me know. 

Besides that let me ask you if you have let HP know about this issues so they can check on their side while we do the same in our end.

Since the issue seems to be related to the 802.1x profiles and the EAP-TLS authentication let me ask if you have any log that we can use to confirm this.

Will wait for your updates 

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
George7
Novice

Hello Jose,

The case is reported and resolved by HP (specifically Dennis B. - 3SL Support Engineer). He's already contacted someone from Intel.

I don't have logs. 0 packets = no logs. The "Check the Network for BIOS Updates" action ends with an "Internal Error" error message.

Regards

George7

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello George7,

Thanks for the update. Since the case is been reported as resolved by HP, did they provide any solution or workaround?

Let me elevate this to our senior team. I will let you know as soon as any update is provided by them

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support

0 Kudos
George7
Novice

Hello Jose,

HP has no solution or workaround.

Regards

George

0 Kudos