Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Black Screen on Intel AMT Remote Desktop

Testing123
Novice

Hello,

On my provisioned desktops, whenever I select Remote Desktop in the Intel AMT tab to see the BIOS as I reboot, I only see a black screen. 

According to the Demo videos, we should be able to watch a computer reboot all the way through and open up the BIOS. What needs to be changed?

The remote desktop via the Desktop tab works well, but is disconnected when the computer reboots. 

Thank you

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

Thank you for joining the Intel community.

Could you please tell what is the OEM manufacturer of your system. By any chance have you tried doing a remote session with a different system?

I will look forward for your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
Testing123
Novice

Hello,

Thanks for your response, yes this has occurred on 3 of our HPs, one 800G1, and two 800 G3. Our ProDesk's just say AMT is not available, but that is a separate issue.

Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

Do you know what version of AMT are those machines running? Did you provisioned them in Client Control Mode? There is a chance that they are requesting user consent when establishing the remote session.

I will look forward for your reply.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Testing123
Novice

Hello,

According to EMA they have been provisioned in Admin Control mode. V11.6.12.3202

Thanks

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

A couple more questions:

Are you using a discrete card? Are you using 4K monitor, what resolution?

Could you please clarify the following, do you see the post boot process at all? If you boot to BIOS, can you see in the KVM session? On boot-up...WHEN does the screen go black?

Last but not least, are you using EMA?

0 Kudos
Testing123
Novice

Hello, 

Yes all of our HP computers use separate graphics cards. Monitor is not 4K, resolution is 1600x900. Connection is lost when restarting, doesn't return until I disconnect/reconnect and am at the Ctrl Alt Del screen.

Yes we are using EMA.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

There might be a couple possible issues here. 

First one, since the systems are using their discrete graphics you might try to switch to the integrated graphics just for testing. 

Second, the user consent might be enabled on the remote system and it keeps prompting without you noticing it. 

Please give this a try ant let me know

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

I am just following up to double check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. I will try to reach you back on next Tuesday 30th. After that the thread will be closed automatically.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Testing123,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Testing123
Novice

Hello! 

My apologies, I'd gone on vacation for a week. User consent is not appearing on the screen. and I've switched the device to integrated graphics and disabled the video card,  but no change. 

Actually the Intel Amt screen just says Loading now, so that is a change but not for the better.

Thanks

0 Kudos