Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander

CVE-2017-5689

fungroy
Beginner

Try to tackle the INTEL-SA-00075 issue (CVE-2017-5689). Currently using HP Z440. Already apply patch SP80050 according the the site and see the firmware are up from 9.1.37.1002 to 9.1.41.3024. However, still go the error message like this:

Risk Assessment

Based on the analysis performed by this tool, this system's Firmware has been updated and system is in unprovisioned state. See Explanation for specifics.

Explanation:
The detected firmware on this system has the fix for INTEL-SA-00075. Ensure that the INTEL-SA-00075 tools were used to perform a full unprovisioning of the system prior to reprovisioning. This will remove any unauthorized configuration settings.

I believe using the dectection tool already unprovision. I am not sure whether it had been provision before.

Before apply the patch:

CSME: The system is not supported.

Intel-SA-00075: The system is vulnerable

After apply patch:

CSEM: The system is not supported

Intel-SA-00075:
Based on the analysis performed by this tool, this system's Firmware has been updated and system is in unprovisioned state. See Explanation for specifics.
Explanation:
The detected firmware on this system has the fix for INTEL-SA-00075. Ensure that the INTEL-SA-00075 tools were used to perform a full unprovisioning of the system prior to reprovisioning. This will remove any unauthorized configuration settings.

Also, what exactly is "Intel Active Management Technology, Intel Small Business Technology, and Intel Standard Manageability"? I might just as well disable it at all.

Any help is appreciate.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
JoseH_Intel

Hello fungroy,

Thank you for joining the community

We will proceed to close this thread as per there is a case already opened with Intel where this issue is been addressed. We encourage you to continue working on the original ticket.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos