Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Can't login into AMT WebGUI

idata
Employee

Hi all,

my testing equipment is a Lenovo TS200v with AMT ME v6.0.2.1194 and MEBx v6.0.3.0019. I followed the Lenovo documentation to set up AMT in "Basic" mode (formerly known as "SMB provision", I believe). The machine receives its IP via DHCP and the FQDN is shared between OS (Proxmox VE) and AMT (well, hostname only, there's no name resolution on this network.) I changed the password when I first entered the MBEx, switched on remote access, enabled legacy redirection, and switched off user permissions for KVM. Basically, I did it by the book.

So far, so good. I get the login mask when I access the machine via IP on port 19662, regardless of the machine's state, i. e. on, booting, off. But whatever I do, I can't login into the web interface. I'm through tons of documentation from Intel on this issue (I just love the troubleshooting hints, totally useless) and have tried the most stupid things, such as using passwords that only use letters that are the same on all (latin) keyboards, still the login refuses me with a funny error message (in German).

It looks a lot like a SASL error and says (roughly) "The server at DIGEST requires a username and password". Well, yes, too bad none of those I provide work. I tried admin, Admin, administrator, Administrator with several passwords now. I'm as positive as I can be that I made no mistake typing the passwords in (I even used a tool to make sure I don't make mistakes).

In short, I'm stumped. I only started today looking into AMT and I'm totally open to the suggestion that I'm doing something wrong, but I have no clue what. There is also supposed to be some event log, but I can't find it. Shame on me. I would be grateful for any hint, or software that allows me to dig deeper into this issue. Of course, I would also appreciate a miracle solution

Regards,

B.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Hi all,

I've solved my issue by sheer luck and desperation. I decided to poke at the provisioning process again and found this older document named "intel_mbexsettings_v1.pdf", which I downloaded from here: ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb ftp://download.intel.com/support/motherboards/desktop/sb

In the document several options for unprovisioning a system are discussed, among them a hard reset by clearing the CMOS and removal of the board battery. Afterwards I had to repeat the setup routine again and lo, the system allowed me to log into the web interface.

Well, that was unnecessary hard but I'm glad I've come to this point.

Regards,

B.

0 Kudos