Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2836 Discussions

Clients "Not Connected" to EMA server after re-imaging?

MU_Ryan
Beginner

I use an Intel EMA server to manage about 120 clients on my campus. I have a PKI certificate and my endpoint groups are set up to use TLS provisioning (not CIRA) and Admin Control Mode.  They're also configured to set a random MebX extension password upon connecting to the server, but they all use a common "admin" account password for remote connections.

Everything was working fine until I re-imaged the machines. Now any PC I've re-imaged shows as "Not Connected" in the EMA web interface, and if I reapply/install the provisioning package from their endpoint group it just adds the device as a new PC and the old random password is not recognized, so I can't use the Intel AMT tab to remotely manage the PCs because it can no longer configure those options...

Any advice here would be most welcome!

0 Kudos
22 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello,

If you don't have further questions, we will proceed to mark this thread as closed. In case you have new issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MU_Ryan
Beginner

Thank you for your responses on this issue.  We have the potential workaround script, but haven't tested it yet. Feel free to mark this as closed.  My only question is whether this functionality is planned on being added to EMA by default at some point in the future, so that running a script to reconcile database records isn't necessary after imaging a PC?

Cheers,

Ryan

0 Kudos