Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Corporate Wireless configuration and remote management with vPro

GAugu1
Novice

Dear community,

We are implementing corporate wireless access and we are exploring possibilities to remote manage workstation in case of reimaging or remote deployment of software.

I would like to know if vPro offers such capabilities to create a profile for wireless connectivity with which level of credentials (WPA2-enterprise with certificates or user/pass or WPA2-personal with PSK ?) and if it can be integrated with software like SCCM or work similarly to a PXE boot in wired ethernet

10 Replies
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1, The Vpro technology does support the option of creating profiles with level of credentials, you can confirm this information on page 29 of the Intel setup configuration software SCS https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_SCS_Deployment_Guide.pdf You can additionally, check the SCS user deployment guide: https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000020917/software/manageability-products.html Additionally, please help us proving the following information: What version of AMT you have? Are the systems will be on the same domain? Do you have multiple OEMs systems? How many systems do you have? Would you like to some from your region contact you? Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GAugu1
Novice

Thank you Sergio,

You linked interesting information but please allow me to describe better our upcoming scenario:

In a few words:

we are building Wireless only (mostly) corporate network and how to offer the same level of support we offer via wired network, like reimaging a workstation and to make it happen via Wireless network.

Is there a presentation or a video that shows these capabilities? what are the necessary components to achieve this?

In more detail:

• Wireless Authentication will use EAP-FAST with EAP-chaining (Machine certificate and user credentials)
  • Cisco Anyconnect NAM will be used as supplicant
  • Machine authentication (via Certificate) will happen if no user is logged in
  • Internal Microsoft CA PKI with auto enrollment is going to be deployed to support the design
  • aim is to have a wireless-only network (so minimal wired connectivity)

Now the issue I would like to address:

• Remote imaging and OS deployment of machines on wireless-only connection (preferably via SCCM)
  • Patching via SCCM of wireless-only machines

Questions I have about vPro

• Can vPro support remote management via Wireless before OS starts ? (so at BIOS)
  • can vPro AMT support certificate authentication for wireless in WPA2-Enterprise in EAP-FAST or EAP-TLS ?
  • in case certificate auth for wireless is an option, can it be auto enrolled as we plan to do for our machine certificate in windows (microsoft CA)?
  • what are the required components of Intel AMT to support such solution? on both servers (platform requirements) and client (hardware and software)
  • What is the licensing scheme? (per user/server/platform)?
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1, Thank for the time taken in order to provide us more information. In order to address your questions, the Vpro technology does support remote management via wireless, you can find more information on the page 43 of the SCS guide, section 7.4 https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/software-applications/Intel_SCS_Deployment_Guide.pdf Remotely configuring LAN-less systems The requirements for AMT are: A system with an AMT chipset. Either and Intel i5, i7, Core M or Xeon processor. Wireless or wired Intel(R)Nic. The license is free. We are going to research on your other questions and will get back to you. Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you need further assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
GAugu1
Novice

Thank you Sergio,

I forwarded all the information you provided to my colleagues that are responsible for this area and will let you know in case they express interest in the idea.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1, You are more than welcome, if you want more information on the Intel(R) AMT technology, you can provide us with your contact information on a private message so someone from your region contact you. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1, I am following your question and would like to know if you need more assistance. Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1, I am following your case, if you have more questions feel free to contact us back Best regards, Sergio S. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
RIaco3
Beginner

I actually sent a private msg to try to meet with someone from Intel but did not get a reply yet.

0 Kudos
GAugu1
Novice

Hi Sergio,

Roberto (RIaco3) is my colleage and is following up personally on this topic, feel free to contact him to continue this discussion.

Thanks

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel
Hello GAugu1 and RIaco3, I just sent you an email. Best regards, Sergio S.
0 Kudos