Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Disable 'Enable User Notification' option for all AMT versions

JCall6
Beginner

Hi,

Can anyone provide a list of the registry keys that need to be edited to disable the "Enable User Notification" option in the system tray for all previous versions of Intel Management and Security software? I work in an enterprise environment and I'm working on a script that will install the software but prevent users from getting any pop-ups regarding this software.

From what I've seen so far, the registry key differs depending on version being used. Here's what I've got, I'd appreciate if anyone could confirm that I have these correct & that keys differ depending on 32/64 bit based OS?

Version 4.1 & 5.1:

HKLM\Software\Intel\Network_Services\atchk - set "MinimizePrivacyIconAtStart" to "00000001"

Version 6.1 & 7.1:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\PIcon\Setting - set "ShowNotification" to "0" (32 bit machines)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\PIcon\Setting - set "ShowNotification" to "0" (64 bit machines)

Version 8.1:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Intel\PIcon\Setting - set "ShowUserNotification" to "0" (32 bit machines)

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Intel\PIcon\Setting - set "ShowUserNotification" to "0" (64 bit machines)

Alternatively, should I just disable the 'Intel Management and Security Application User Notification' service and will this impact the use of the software?

Thanks,

J

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Alan_A_Intel
Employee

Hi Jim,

I will work on getting a list of registry keys for you, though it might take a little bit of time to dig up the information on some of our older versions.

0 Kudos