Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

EMA 1.8.10 Platform Manager logon error

MattRoss
Beginner

I have Intel EMA installed on Windows Server 2019 along with SQL Server 2019, all ports as default. It is configured with our domain, all users I've authorised can access the web interface. It is up and running and mostly working, with about 600 endpoints added so far.

I am unable to logon to Platform Manager however. I am trying the following:

Platform Manager Server Identifier:port

localhost:8000

Intel EMA Web Server Identifier

fqdn.for.our.server

Client Auth Certificate

(None)

The web server identifier is in DNS and matches the DigiCert Vpro certificate we purchased. If I try 'Use Windows Authentication' from a logon session of the Global Administrator account I setup in AD just for this, it says 'Invalid username or password'. In the associated log 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Intel\Platform Manager\PlatformManagerServer.log' It adds two lines:

15/11/2022 15:20:25 - War - Console error, bad username/password (EMAGlobal@ourdomain.com)
15/11/2022 15:20:25 - Inf - Console disconnected from 127.0.0.1:55389

I did try windows Windows authentication, but I guess that would only work if this was installed to use normal accounts, which it is not. I did try just in case and no account can logon to it.

The Platform Manager log outputs this (not sure why the time does not line up, maybe this is unrelated):

11/15/2022 02:12:09 PM Error while communicating to the server, Command: USERAUTH 0 MoveNext PlatformManager.SatelliteServer+<Start>d__113.MoveNext(:0) stack [PlatformManager.SatelliteServer] ERROR
11/15/2022 02:12:09 PM Cannot access a disposed object.
Object name: 'System.Net.Sockets.Socket'. 0 Shutdown PlatformManager.SatelliteServer.Shutdown(:0) stack [PlatformManager.SatelliteServer] ERROR
11/15/2022 02:14:33 PM Object reference not set to an instance of an object. 0 saveSolutionToolStripMenuItem_Click PlatformManager.MainForm.saveSolutionToolStripMenuItem_Click(:0) stack [PlatformManager.MainForm] ERROR

I've looked in the database to confirm the global administrator account in there matches the right role. How can I diagnose this further?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
Torsten_Nowak
Beginner

Hi, this also affect us when using Domain-Accounts, since V 1.7.0.0 and also now with 1.9.0.0

There is NO entry in any of the log-files

Would really help, especially to troubleshoot issues by checking events (live).

Directly after installing EMA the login worked fine, just after some hours or after reboot of the server the issue starts.

Manually typing in the credentials also does not work.

thx

Torsten

0 Kudos
MattRoss
Beginner

I have never been able to logon to Platform Manager. When we first installed it, v1.7, it didn't work but I didn't think anything of it at the time and carried on. Tried upgrading to v1.9 on Friday in the hope it would be resolved, but still cannot logon.

Could I manually add a 'normal' account to the database, assign it is a global administrator and logon to it with that maybe without 'use windows authentication'?

0 Kudos
MattRoss
Beginner

After reading through the installation guide again I've worked out why Platform Manager does not work on our site. We must have a problem with LDAPS on this site. After I went into the EMA server installation program (EMAServerInstaller.exe) and then File / Advanced / Settings / Switch from LDAPs to LDAP I can then logon to Platform Manager.

The web interface is working fine, was just Platform Manager that seems to require LDAP un-encrypted.

0 Kudos
Torsten_Nowak
Beginner

Thx Matt,

unfortunately changing from LDAPs to LDAP (even after an additional reboot) didn´t resolve the login issue.

0 Kudos
Matheus2
Beginner

Matheus2_0-1671802752589.png

Hi everyone. Someone can help me pls. I can't reach the web server and even the platform either. I have follow all the instructions of the guide with no errors. I don't know what to do

0 Kudos
Kryz
Beginner

Did anyone manage to fix this?

Kryz_0-1684352788828.png

0 Kudos
DeanSR_ISD
Beginner

Hi,  i believe i have exactly the same issue.  installed EMA today on local machine.  immediately after install, rebooted, and then tried to log in the global administrator account.  used the email-formatted (abc@def.com) username and the password that was created at install.  but the credentials are declined.

0 Kudos
Cully1910
Beginner

Hi

I am having the same exact issue. Trying to install Intel EMA and have been unsuccesful in doing so. I run the installer, It connects to our SQL DB and created the DB fine, but then the install wizard presents a "There are warnings in the process. Please see the detailed event log to find details". Log files say all sorts of Intel EMA components 'Failed' to connect. I am doing a single server install. 

Can you lend any pointers here?

0 Kudos
nbocevski
Beginner

I have the same problem on ver 1.11.1. The workaround for me is running the installer (EMAServerInstaller.exe, of the same version) with elevated permission (Run As Administrator) and selecting Lunch the Intel EMA Platform Manager (second choice); it opens the Platform Manager without any problems.

My Global Administrator is a domain account with server local admin rights and has admin permission to access the SQL database (hosted on another server).

I hope someone will find use of this.

0 Kudos