Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Enterprise model ME setting

idata
Employee

Any expert can give me answer?

when I setting AMT ME, after set the provisioning server, Set PID and PPS, it will be occurred an error "change rejected".

The PID and PPS is creat by Intel Director.

If you have answer, pls notice me ASAP, sincerely thanks.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Terry_C_Intel
Employee

Are you planning to manually enter the PID\PPS for every system? With a total of 40 alphanumeric (8 for PID and 32 for PPS) characters - there's a high probability of error. For example - 0 and O (that's the number zero and the letter "O") or 1 and I (the number one and the letter "I").

Are you planning to use the Intel AMT Director for a small environment only? If going to a higher number of systems (e.g. above 100), you may be better off with Intel Setup and Configuration Service for enterprise mode. This is a free download, and is the enterprise configuration software used by or integrated into SMS plug-in, Altiris management console, HP OpenView for AMT, etc.

Generating and using a setup.bin file may be another solution. Take a look at http://communities.intel.com/docs/DOC-1210. There are other documents\resources on the vPro Expert Center site.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

thank you for your information.

Intel AMT director is ok,now. Set PID and PPS before set provisioning server, it will be ok.

we prepare to configured by HPOV, next step.

0 Kudos