Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

GA-H87N-WIFI + Core i5-4570 - SOL support?

VBach1
Beginner

Hello,

I have Gigabyte GA-H87N-WIFI motherboard and Core i5-4570 CPU. H87 chipset has Intel ME 9.0.

I've noticed that my system has the following drivers/devices:

Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)

Intel(R) Management Engine Interface

Does my motherboard supports SOL (Serial-Over-LAN) or not? If supports then how do I configure it?

0 Kudos
9 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi,

The Core i5-4570 CPU does have vPro technology however, I looked at the specs for your motherboard on Gigabytes website and there is no reference to AMT or vPro. When I search vpro on the site, any motherboards that specifically supported it come up, so my assumption would be that the GA-H87N-WIFI board does not support AMT. It would be best to contact Gigabyte support:

https://www.gigabyte.com/Support

Regards,

Michael
0 Kudos
VBach1
Beginner

I've contacted Gigabyte support and they told me to contact Intel support. The circle is closed.

Maybe I should just delete those drivers if my MB and chipset (H87) doesn't support SOL?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi...Yes, you can delete the drivers. I'm a little confused by your last question though, seems like there are two parts:

Maybe I should just delete those drivers if my MB and chipset (H87) doesn't support SOL?

Since your MB does not support AMT, you can remove the drivers since you have no need for them, however, this is the first that your mentioning SOL. I do not believe having vPro/AMT is a requirement to utilize Serial-Over-Lan. Can you clarify?
0 Kudos
VBach1
Beginner

And how can I utilize Serial-Over-Lan if Intel® Small Business Advantage is not available anymore?

I can't https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-H87N-WIFI-rev-1x# support-dl download it because my Windows 10 is not supported.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, I'm a little confused about serial over lan in relation to small business advantage?

0 Kudos
VBach1
Beginner

Ok, forget about SBA, does my MB has support of SOL or not? If yes then how to use it?

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi, If the OEM does not provide support for SOL on the motherboard, then no.

0 Kudos
VBach1
Beginner

So why do I have THIS:

Intel(R) Active Management Technology - SOL (COM3)

?

Gigabyte support cannot explain it.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

The motherboard may have the components and is being detected but if the OEM did not enable the function in the BIOS, then it will not work but it will still show up. This really just comes down to Gigabyte being able to answer your queries as we do not manufacture their motherboards. They should at least be able to tell you whether or not AMT is enabled on that model or not. This is not information that we would have. I realize it's frustrating going around in a circle between OEM's (definitely personally experienced this situation for other things) but we simply do not have the information regarding Gigabytes products.

Regards,

Intel Customer Support
0 Kudos