Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

HP Out Of Band Management Solution

idata
Employee

Where Can I download the HP out of band management solution software(I searched the HP's website, did not find, seemed some pages removed? Is the Out of band management soltuion an add-on of HP Openview's Client Configration Manager?

Regards,

-Jen

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoshHilliker
Employee

Hi Jen,

here's the best links.

PC Configuration Management

http://h20229.www2.hp.com/solutions/pc/index.html

Direct Download site

http://www.openview.hp.com/uploads/ovrd/ovr_l_ccm_0001.html

FYI: you will need an account & sign up.

Josh

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks. I have downloaded the HP OOB management solution, but when i implement this i found that the HP OOB need the SCS even i want to manage vPro in SMB mode, as HP OOB solution need SCS store it's username and password credential, is that right?

-Jen

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Jen,

the HP Out-of-band management console only supports Enterprise mode, using the Intel SCS software.

regards,

Rick Winford

HP Software Client Automation Center

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Rick:

Thanks for your message. As I got a HP OOB demo kit VM images, in the images there is a tool called Provisoning mode tool that can switch between SMB and enterprise mode. Is this tool a part of HP OOB?

-Jen

0 Kudos
Matthew_R_Intel
Employee

Jen,

I believe the demo kit VM (which HP OOB is included) you are referring to is one that Intel uses for training and demonstrations of vPro and Centrino Pro capability (usually tied to a Field Demo Kit or High Speed Pilot). As documented in the licensing pop-up for "Provisioning Mode Tool", the tool is not part of the HP OOB suite nor is the application support by HP. The tool was developed by Intel to provide the demonstration kits an easy mechanism to switch between the supported Enterprise Provisioning Mode and SMB Demonstration Only Mode.

I would look to Rick Winford to comment to any long terms plans around including AMT SMB provisioning support within the HP OOB or future products.

--Matt Royer

0 Kudos