Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Hardware-assisted virtualization is not enabled on D975XBX

PCran
Beginner

Hello.

I try to make work Windows Virtual PC (into a Win7 Pro 64bit) with a D975XBX board with E6700 intel cpu.

i had already activate the VT into the Bios but, no chance, the hardware assisted virtualization detection tool still showing me tha my settings are not enable on this computer...anny ideas to help me to make this windows xp mode work into my win 7?

help will be much more appreciate.

0 Kudos
7 Replies
idata
Employee

There are two settings that should be set for virtualization to work, you menton you enabled Intel (r) Virtualization Technology, did you also enable VT-d. I am searching for the right contact to get a look at the platforms BIOS so I can confirm where these two elemets are located on that bios - I typically see them listed under the CPU setup section.

idata
Employee

i have core i7 processor & i select intel DX58SO for server 2003 & xp OS for media work please me for select best mother board .....

idata
Employee

I am not sure windows server 2003 & windows xp in this Hardware core i7 & DX58SO support or not..please help me...

PCran
Beginner

i suggest you to install win7 64bit and not win xp, or winserver 2008, for better reliability and security...

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Dear i have core i7 processor & i select intel DX58SO motherboard for server 2003 & windows xp also i am working in graphics please help me for select motherboard for server 2003 or xp for media work

idata
Employee

Hi

Did you get an answer? How did you enable the VT finally?

Thanks

0 Kudos