Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

How do you get buttons to work in IE with Intel Manageability Commander SCCM addon?

BuckyBadger
Beginner

I'm trying to get the SCCM addon for Intel Manageability Commander 2.0 to work. When I click the buttons, nothing happens. Is there something special I need to do to get it to work with IE in Server 2012 R2?

I've gone through the code and added some debug info so I know that the script is getting the data it needs from SCCM. The problem seems to be during the loop when its waiting for the ButtonHandler valure to change. No matter what button you click, it doesn't change.

Thoughts?

Also, why is this written in VBScript and not Powershell?

Running:

Windows Server 2012 R2

SCCM 1806

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello Ian, Thank you for joining the community. What you are facing is a compatibility issue since the SCCM Add-on from version 2 and above is compatible with Microsoft SCCM 2012 R2 (Verified with build 5.0.8239.1000). Later versions after 1511 are not supported. For more details about this you can check the Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) Add-on for Microsoft* System Center Configuration Manager document included in the SCCM Add-on download in section 2.1 "Required Software" Hope this helps Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BuckyBadger
Beginner

Hi Jose,

I'm referring to the SCCM addon in Intel Manageability Commander. Not the Intel SCS SCCM Addon which is working fine for us.

The SCCM addon in IMC supposedly works with this version of SCCM. From the release notes:

"this software will integrate with Microsoft* System Center Configuration Manager (SCCM) version 1511 and later. "

The problem I'm having really has nothing to do with the SCCM though. It's an issue with the vb script it uses and how its interacting with IE.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, There is not supposed to be an add-on for IMC. It actually just integrates with SCCM when you install IMC on a SCCM system. Now since the issue you describe is related to the VB script we will double check with our engineering dept about this. We will get in contact with you when we have news. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, We finally got a reply from our engineering department. Looks like the only time when something similar happens is when the registry entries for Manageability Commander get messed up. Please go ahead and uninstall/reinstall IMC. Please let us know the outcome. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BuckyBadger
Beginner

The registry issue where the script doesn't look in the right spot when looking up where IMC is installed? Yeah.. that's a known issue that's easy to fix. Unfortunately, their script doesn't even reach that point.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, I think the issue you refer could be a different one. Did you try uninstalling/reinstalling IMC? As an alternate path, by any chance have you tried Mesh Commander? https://www.meshcommander.com/meshcommander Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
BuckyBadger
Beginner

Thanks Jose,

Already in the process of evaluating MeshCommander. It has its own set of quirks, but it seems to work much better with SCCM.

Ian

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, Good to hear that Mesh Commander suits you better. Please let us know about your progress. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back. This thread will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 48 hours if no activity is received. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello BuckyBadger, We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos