Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

How to get around POST Halt using SOL

GTate2
Beginner

I have a pretty simple question. Using Manageability Developer Tool Kit, I have initiated a SOL session with my AMT client. I select remote reboot into BIOS setup from my terminal. My BIOS is setup right now to halt POST when no keyboard is connected. POST stops at the screen I have attached. The problem is that when I try to continue by hitting F1 or F2 on my terminal side, it does not get through to my client system. It seems like no remote keyboard commands are getting through to my client at this time.

What I noticed that was strange was the text in the highlighted red box. Only when I have SOL session open does this text show up. Is there a special command that I can use on my terminal side to "skip" to continue the boot process? If I plug a keyboard in my client and go into the BIOS, then my terminal keyboard works fine - I can control my BIOS with my remote keyboard.

I know it is something really simple I'm missing.

Thanks for any help.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

You can try changing the Terminal Emulation type:

0 Kudos
GTate2
Beginner

Thanks for your input.

I have tried both emulation settings to no avail. I have also tried using Real VNC Viewer and changing the emulation settings in that viewer but that didn't work either.

0 Kudos