Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

I am getting an error when installing the SCS add-on in my primary SCCM server. The error screenshot is attached. I am stuck without knowing how to proceed.

KJoey
Beginner

Intel SCS error.png

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello KJoey, Thank you for joining the community. Could you tell what version of SCCM are you trying to install the Add-on on? What OS version is your SCCM server installed on? Latest SCCM version supported is 1806 and latest OS is Windows Server 2012 R2 to keep it into consideration Will look forward your updates Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KJoey
Beginner

The Server version is 2016.

SCS is 12.0

SCCM is 1802

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello KJoey, Looks like the issue here is related with the OS version. In the download section states that compatible (tested/validated) OS for the SCCM add-on are Windows 10, Windows 7 and Windows Server 2012 R2 (https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/26506/Intel-SCS-Add-on-for-Microsoft-System-Center-Configuration-Manager) When installing on a different platform than specified you take the risk to encounter weird issues like your. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello KJoey, Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue? Please do not hesitate to contact us back. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. Regards Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KJoey
Beginner

Hi Jose,

Is there any version of the add-on which will work on Server 2016. Unfortunately all our servers are going to be upgraded to Server 2016. Is there a patch that Intel will release to make it work?

Thanks

Kaif

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello KJoey, Not that we are aware of. Last thing we knew was some sort of licensing issues. So probably it will be difficult to see a MS server 2016 add-on in the near future. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
KJoey
Beginner

Hi Jose,

I got it working. The error appeared when I tried to install the Add-on directly. I installed the SCS first using the IntelSCSInstaller.exe and then installed the add-on and it worked fine.

Thanks for your time. We can close this.

Thanks

Kaif

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello KJoey, Thanks for letting us know about this workaround. I am glad to hear that you got the issue resolved. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos