Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

I want to try the Active Management Technology, Do I have to have two system with AMT and vPro capability or just the target system?

CPere20
Beginner

I want to try the Active Management Technology in supporting systems with crashed operating system, I understand that the target PC should have a motherboard with AMT features and processor with vPro technology but how about the other system that I will be using in performing the task, does it have to with AMT capable motherboard also and processor with vPro technology.

The target PC has Intel Core i7-4790 Processor and Supermicro X10SLQ Motherboard while my other PC has Supermicro C7P67 and i5-2400 processor.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

Both Intel® processors support Intel® vPro Technology and so the Intel® Q87 Chipset but not the Intel® P67 Chipset; you will need a board with Intel® Q67 Chipset instead.

http://ark.intel.com/products/52810 ARK | Intel® P67 Express Chipset (Intel® BD82P67 PCH)

I recommend checking with the motherboard manufacturer in regards of full Intel® vPro Technology support for the motherboard as a whole product (including X10SLQ).

You may also post your questions in the

CPere20
Beginner

I was able to connect to target PC but I am having trouble installing an OS remotely using Real VNC plus and Intel Remote ISO Launcher.

I noticed that there is zero send/receive bytes for IDER

0 Kudos
Jose_H_Intel1
Employee

I will move your thread to the

0 Kudos