Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

IDE-R in DQ45CB not working

idata
Employee

I have INTEL DB DQ45CB and each time i try to redirect CD by "Manageability Commander Tool", and boot from it i get "a bootable device has not been detected".

I've updated bios, and try to redirect to diffirent cd images or physical dvd drive. AMT is configured, and IDE-R, and SOL enabled. Strange thing is that dick redirect menu, "redirect active" is always turned on, and button is disabled (see picture).

Can enyone help me with this?

0 Kudos
8 Replies
idata
Employee

Hello,

It's just a guess, but this is probably not an AMT issue, but rather an issue with the Intel Manageability Developer Toolkit tools.

Can you post a screenshot of the error message?

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

It may be compatibility problem between IATM 5 and Manageability Commander Tool, or just with this board and its firmware, because everything worked when i tried ide-r with iATM 4 on fujitsu-siemens computer.

error is visible on managed computer, black screen and massage "a bootable divice has not been detected. Please refer to the product guide ..."

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Just FYI, I have had issues using the Intel System Defense Utility (ISDU). I have not had these same problems with the Intel Manageability Commander tool. I was unable to connect to a vPro client using the ISDU, and could connect to the same client without issues, using the Manageability Commander from the DTK.

I passed this information on to the development team, but haven't heard back from them about it.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for the information.

I will try to do some other test and let you know if it works for me.

Best Regards,

Aryan

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

IDE-R is working Intel System Defence Utility. It's still not working with the other tool, but it looks like we have to wait for another, corrected version

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Interesting ... it was the exact opposite for me. I'll have to try it again.

Trevor Sullivan

Systems Engineer

OfficeMax Corporation

0 Kudos
TIMOTHY_D_Intel
Employee

Hi,

Our team is responsible for supporting the Manageability Developer tool Kit, I am sorry you expierenced this issue and more sorry we missed the support request. If you are still experiencing this issue please respond to this thread and/or contact us directly at mailto:support_dopd_swe@intel.com support_dopd_swe@intel.com. There are some setup steps that aren't always obvious in the Commander tool that I will go collect and supply if you require. We do have some open issues on the Redirection process open against Commander that this may be related to. I am working to get an update to the tool suite scheduled.

Thanks,

Tim

Intel Digital Office SW Engineering Team

0 Kudos