Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

INTEL-SA-00086 Detection Tool question

Felix
Novice

Hi!

I have a computer with a Celeron G-series processor that uses a detection tool to check that the system, detection tool show This system is vulnerable.

But the Celeron G series is not affected by this list, what is the problem?

Thanks!

3 Replies
idata
Employee

Hi Felix,

Can you post a screenshot of the output? Also, what make model of system or motherboard do you have?

The SA-00086 security advisory is comprised of 8 different vulnerabilities. It's possible that the Celeron G series is affected by only a subset of the vulnerabilities. You may just want to check the support site for your system or motherboard to see if there is a recent BIOS or ME firmware update (Oct./Nov. 2017).
0 Kudos
Felix
Novice

Hi,

Sorry, my system language is Traditional Chinese, so Detection Tool will display Traditional Chinese.

PC Model is HP 280 G2, related information such as screenshots, Chipset I think it should be Skylake-S IMC.

I already know that HP has provided firmware updates for this Model 280 G2, but wondered why the CPU was unaffected but at risk

Thank you!

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Thanks for the additional information. It's good to know that HP has posted an update. You should apply that update as soon as possible (if you haven't done so already).

I will work with our team on the list of possibly affected processors.
0 Kudos