Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Installation Intel AMT/EMA

Doki
Beginner

Hello,

is it even possible to use the Intel vPro Platform and its software like AMT/EMA without an SQL Server for example? Or is a SQL Server required?

And another question, it won't work without an certificate ist that right?

Thank you very much in advance for your answer.

0 Kudos
19 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

The answer for both of your questions is yes. It is certainly possible to use SCS (and EMA too) without SQL server. In SCS you can do a non-database mode installation and it won't require SQL server. If you do a database mode it will. On the other hand EMA does not support SQL integration so it is not required at all.

About the certificate usage it depends on the type of installation you are trying to do. CA is needed whenever you do a RCS remote configuration over several (100+) systems. The cert will allow you to not physically touch every systems thus saving you time. But for smaller installations (less than 50 systems) you can do a manual configuration on every system MEBx, or using the USB method and it does not require a cert at all. 

You can look at the following documents for more details

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. I will try to reach you by the very last time next Thursday 25th. After that, we will mark the thread as closed

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner

Hello Jose,

thank you for your information.

We face the problem that when we try to install the EMA Platform Manager, following error is displayed: "An error occurred during install. Some or all identity references could not be translated."

Do you have any suggestions to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Doki

0 Kudos
rodma_10
Beginner

Hello Doki

I have the same problem with Intel Ema Installation but i don't able to solve it.

Did you can??

Thanks.

regards

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

Is this a new installation/integration? Did you have any previous instances of EMA or SCS installed and are you trying to upgrade to EMA newer version? Do you have any previous Active Directory objects?

I will look forward for your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner
Hello Jose,

this is a completely new installation.
There aren’t any previous instances of EMA or SCS installed.
Trying to install EMA on a VM for testing purposes to integrate the vPro technology
in the future in our company.

Regards
Doki
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

Thank you for this information. Please allow me a bit of time to research on this and I will be in touch pretty soon.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner

Hello Jose,

the mentioned error has been fixed, but there's a new problem now.

Intel Management and Security Status sais, that Intel AMT is activated.

For some reason the Endpoint will not be shown in EMA.

The new Error is "You are not connectet to your organization's network" even when all configurations are correct.

Maybe there's a mistake somewhere, could you help me to solve this problem?

Regards

Doki

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

Regarding the initial question we have the following update: What type of SQL DB are you using? Are you trying to use any language packs? Intel EMA Platform Manager is struggling with translating what is in their SQL DB.

Are you using a free instance of an Azure an option? You can use Intel EMA Cloud Start for testing. This will also eliminate any translation issue you may be experiencing with an on-prem installation. The Link below will get you started.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/30201

About your new question let me research and I will get back to you soon.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner

Hello Jose,

I'll be waiting for your information, thank you!

Regards

Doki

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

The current error you are getting is because you need to do the initial provisioning on an Ethernet connection within the actual organization. VPN does not work. This is a security requirement. After initial provisioning then you can remotely manage the client OOB.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner

Hello Jose,

We did the initial provisioning on an Ethernet connection within the actual organization, but we still have these previous listed issues.

We aren't using VPN.

Regards

Doki

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

I am just following up to double-check if you found the provided information useful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as closed. I will try to reach you as a very last time on next Thursday 29th. After that the thread will be automatically archived.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki,

Thank you for the update. Let me research on this. I will get back to you soon.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki

We have verified there is no known erratum associated with this error message. It looks more like an environmental issue than a product issue.

Could you please install Intel Management and Security Status on the client? Please attach a screenshot of the Intel AMT tab and also go to the Extended Systems Details and scan the client and save it as a text file and attach it to the system. Please also run ipconfig /all >>filename.txt and attach it to the case. We want to verify the DNS suffix.

Besides the previous could you tell what the EMA Platform Manager Swarm Server is doing when you restarts the EMA agent?

I will look forward for your update.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki

I am just following up to double-check if you were able to gather the requested information. Otherwise let us know if you require more time to accomplish this. I will try to reach you again on next Tuesday May 18th. After that the thread will be archived automatically.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
Doki
Beginner

Hello Jose,

I'll be in a few days back in my company, I'll inform you in a few days.

Regards

Doki

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki

Just checking if you have any updates. I will try to reach you back on next week before archiving the case.

Regards

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Doki

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos