Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Integration Intel vPro with Splunk

mnaid1
Beginner

Do we have any API's to integrated SPLUNK with Intel vPro and looking for some architecture about the functionality

0 Kudos
6 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello mnaid1,

Thank you for joining the community

Could you detail the way and purpose to integrate vPro/AMT with Splunk?

The vPro/AMT is a remote management feature that can be integrated with some MS tools like SCCM, Active Directory pretty much for inventory and management of systems. It is possible to create custom scripts for specific monitoring/deployment tasks. The AMT tools are mainly supported on Windows environments but some tools are Linux compatible.

The following URL will take you some induction videos

Best regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

A Contingent Worker at Intel

0 Kudos
mnaid1
Beginner

Thanks Jose

The Splunk integration required for tracking, security and audit purpose for the end-points

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello mnaid1,

Thanks for the clarification. So far there are no API's or addons to integrate splunk with vPro/AMT that I am aware of. Let me research with our engineering department to get a more up to date answer for you. Will get back as soon as I have news.

Best regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello mnaid1,

This is what I got from engineering: "There’s really not a whole lot that can be done other than maybe export the AMT Event logs and AMT Audit logs on a schedule with the PowerShell module and then have Splunk consume those. To do that it would need to either install the PowerShell module on each computer and run the scheduled task locally, or export those for each remotely."

Let me know if this helps a little

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello mnaid1,

Do you have any updates, questions or comments in regards to this issue?

If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can proceed to mark this thread as resolved. This support interaction will be marked as resolved automatically in the next 72 hours if no activity is received.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello mnaid1,

We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and create a new topic.

Jose A.

0 Kudos