Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander

Intel AMT KVM

nilebil
Beginner

Hi

i have HP Z workstations, w\o onboard GPU only external (nvidia) 

i can connect to AMT but don't have remote desktop\KVM option, 

i know that AMT remote desktop\KVM work with onboard GPU, but how can i connect with KVM to desktop w\o onboard GPU

0 Kudos
5 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello nilebil,

Thank you for joining the community

The workaround for headless systems is to purchase a device that will fool AMT into thinking the display out is open. Depending on your display connection, DP, HDMI or VGA, they can purchase a product like these that are offered on Amazon:

HDMI:

https://www.amazon.com/Headless-Display-Emulator-Headless-1920x1080-generation/dp/B06XT1Z9TF/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1524524878&sr=8-3&keywords=headless+hdmi&dpID=41AcOpgjaSL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpsrc=srch

Display Port:

https://www.amazon.com/FUERAN-DP-DisplayPort-emulator-2560x1600/dp/B071CGCTMY/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1524524911&sr=8-4&keywords=headless+displayport

Hope it helps

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
nilebil
Beginner

hi Jose 

i have monitor connected to the workstation, the problem is that the graphic card is not on board, it's external

i don't have onboard graphic card

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello nilebil,

Thank you for the clarification. Isn't there at least an integrated graphics port available? The KVM should work as long as you have something connected to the integrated GFX port. It needs to be enabled on BIOS too though.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello nilebil,

I am following up to double-check if you found the provided information helpful. If you have further questions please don't hesitate to ask. If you consider the issue to be completed please let us know so we can mark this thread as closed. I will try to reach you back next Monday 20th. After that, the thread will be automatically archived. 

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello nilebil,

We will proceed to mark this thread as closed. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos