Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Intel EMA 1.5 ophaned entry removal

Jump to solution

Hi there,

Is there any simple way to remove orphaned duplicate machine-accounts from Intel EMA?

We have some clients showing 8 times up in the console and selecting one by one to stop managing the endpoint is really no way to do it. At the moment we have about 4 times more clientsystems listed in ema then we have for real.

It would be a really nice feature if the "stop managing endpoint" wouldn't be greyed out when selecting more then one machine.

Thanks for reply.

Sascha

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

I hope you have successfully received the information on your email. In case you don't just let us know so we can resend it. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please share screenshots of the behavior you are reporting. 

Wanner G.

Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

If possible to select more then one item and use "Stop managing endpoint" next would be to show more then eleven endpoints at a time to get rid of the orphaned endpoints.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your response. 

I will review this information, and update your thread soon.

Wanner G.

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha, 

This is an update to your thread.

Our recommendation is that you review the following details about the actions you can perform on endpoints.

Section 6.4 Performing Actions on Endpoints > 6.4.5 Stop Managing an Endpoint > https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-...

Allows you to remove this target endpoint from Intel® EMA. However, this does not prevent the endpoint from reconnecting and re-registering to Intel EMA in the future. Also, the system is still provisioned.

This action will be enabled only if BOTH of the following are true:

A single endpoint is selected

The logged-in user has the Execute right for the selected endpoint

Wanner G.

Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Thanks for the reply

I was already aware about the fact that when only one system is selected, it could be stopped from managing. But this is not our problem.

We started with EMA 1.3.3.0 and made the several server updates over time. I think the multiple accounts in EMA for the same system were generated when inplace upgrading to a newer Windows 10 Versions or reinstalling a client or when the EMA Clientsoftware was upgraded after the Serverupdate . The goal is to get rid of the multiple duplicated entries without having to go through all one by one and this would only be possible if we could select the orphaned entries together and remove those at once. Otherwise we have to sort the list for name, then eventually search for the specific name and delete one orphaned entry and after that start over again until only the active account remains.

Greetings

Sascha

Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your detailed response.

Please allow me to review this request.

Wanner G.

JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

We have send you a private message to your personal email. Please check and make sure you received it. We will reach you back on next Thursday 14th.

Regards

Jose A.

JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

I hope you have successfully received the information on your email. In case you don't just let us know so we can resend it. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

View solution in original post

Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Thank you very much Jose. We run the Script on our EMA Server and it worked like a charm.

Greetings

Sascha