Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel EMA 1.5 ophaned entry removal

Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Hi there,

Is there any simple way to remove orphaned duplicate machine-accounts from Intel EMA?

We have some clients showing 8 times up in the console and selecting one by one to stop managing the endpoint is really no way to do it. At the moment we have about 4 times more clientsystems listed in ema then we have for real.

It would be a really nice feature if the "stop managing endpoint" wouldn't be greyed out when selecting more then one machine.

Thanks for reply.

Sascha

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

I hope you have successfully received the information on your email. In case you don't just let us know so we can resend it. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for posting your question on this Intel® Community.

To better assist you, please share screenshots of the behavior you are reporting. 

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

If possible to select more then one item and use "Stop managing endpoint" next would be to show more then eleven endpoints at a time to get rid of the orphaned endpoints.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your response. 

I will review this information, and update your thread soon.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha, 

This is an update to your thread.

Our recommendation is that you review the following details about the actions you can perform on endpoints.

Section 6.4 Performing Actions on Endpoints > 6.4.5 Stop Managing an Endpoint > https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf

Allows you to remove this target endpoint from Intel® EMA. However, this does not prevent the endpoint from reconnecting and re-registering to Intel EMA in the future. Also, the system is still provisioned.

This action will be enabled only if BOTH of the following are true:

A single endpoint is selected

The logged-in user has the Execute right for the selected endpoint

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Thanks for the reply

I was already aware about the fact that when only one system is selected, it could be stopped from managing. But this is not our problem.

We started with EMA 1.3.3.0 and made the several server updates over time. I think the multiple accounts in EMA for the same system were generated when inplace upgrading to a newer Windows 10 Versions or reinstalling a client or when the EMA Clientsoftware was upgraded after the Serverupdate . The goal is to get rid of the multiple duplicated entries without having to go through all one by one and this would only be possible if we could select the orphaned entries together and remove those at once. Otherwise we have to sort the list for name, then eventually search for the specific name and delete one orphaned entry and after that start over again until only the active account remains.

Greetings

Sascha

0 Kudos
Wanner_G_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

Thank you for your detailed response.

Please allow me to review this request.

Wanner G.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

We have send you a private message to your personal email. Please check and make sure you received it. We will reach you back on next Thursday 14th.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello Zieri__Sascha,

I hope you have successfully received the information on your email. In case you don't just let us know so we can resend it. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
mosoccer
Beginner

@JoseH_Intel - Could I please get a copy of this script as well, we have the exact same issue occurring in our EMA with duplicate entries from either server or client OS updates.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
cargm
Beginner

Dear Jose,

We are facing the same issue in our Intel EMA. Can I have the script aswell?

Regards

0 Kudos
amah
Beginner

Hello @JoseH_Intel ,

I am running into this same issue, are you able to provide me with the solution?

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Subra
Beginner

Hi, we are also facing the same issue, could you please share the script and instructions to remove the duplicates, it is tough to remove them one by one.

Thank you

Subra

0 Kudos
Zieri__Sascha
Beginner

Thank you very much Jose. We run the Script on our EMA Server and it worked like a charm.

Greetings

Sascha

0 Kudos
KevSchu
Beginner

Can this script be provided?

I have duplicate devices and hundreds of virtual devices that somehow made it in that i need to remove.

0 Kudos
JRüeg
New Contributor I

We have the same issue described in https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000087537/technologies/intel-active-management-technology-intel-amt.html (the articel also provides the script to remove duplicate entries after re-imaging).

We reinstall devices because windows is not working correctly, so unprovisioning before each reinstall is no option. 

After reinstalling we have two endpoints in EMA. The new one shows "Admin Control Mode" in red because "EMA does not have the record" for this provisioning. This endpoints gets "Connected" when the device is on and the agent runs.

The other endpoint shows the old "Last Connect Start Time" and the agent in Windows will not connect this. But "Admin Control Mode" is black and when the device is turned off, CIRA will connect and I can wake up the endpoint over this object.

The script will merge both objects. But CIRA does not connect after I ran the script. I cannot use this merged endpoint object to wake up the computer. 

This same problem is described in https://community.intel.com/t5/Intel-vPro-Platform/Rebuilding-machines-with-EMA-not-reconnecting-to-CIRA/m-p/1425442?search-action-id=99648598471&search-result-uid=1425442 but the only solution provided is to manually unprovision the device. 

Re-Imaging is a standard process that we use often when a computer has any kind of problem. It is fully automated and provides an easy solution for our support staff. 

Intel EMA should be able to handle this without any manual interventions. 

Since the old endpoint object is able to connect CIRA, it should be possible to merge the objects without loosing this capability. 

0 Kudos
Patric_M
Beginner

Hello @JoseH_Intel ,

we have the same Issue. It is possible to get the Script to solve that problem? 

Thank you

0 Kudos