Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel EMA - How do you edit the Endpoint Group Policy?

PeterBrown
Beginner

Currently using Intel EMA 1.5.1.0

I've looked and looked and I can't fathom out where you can edit the endpoint group policy?  I'm going mad. I'm logged in as a user with Tenant Administrator role.  

When you first set up the group, it asks you for a password with which to edit the policy later, so it must be a configurable setting.  

What am I overlooking?

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
16 Replies
Victor_G_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

Thank you for posting on the Intel® communities.

Can you please provide the following information to continue with the support?

1. How many endpoints do you have in your deployment?
  2. Is there any specific reason you haven’t move to an up-to-date version of EMA?
  3. What AMT version or versions are currently being used in your deployment?
  4. Are the endpoints also running the same version of EMA 1.5.1.0?

Regards,

Victor G.

Intel Technical Support Technician  

0 Kudos
PeterBrown
Beginner

Hi Victor,

Thanks for the reply, my answers to your questions below:

1. How many endpoints do you have in your deployment? = (approximately 1,800)
  2. Is there any specific reason you haven’t move to an up-to-date version of EMA? = (waiting on dev/test environment before we upgrade)
  3. What AMT version or versions are currently being used in your deployment? (v9.1.42 through to v11.12.86)
  4. Are the endpoints also running the same version of EMA 1.5.1.0?  (Yes - we've never updated our Intel EMA and we started on 1.5.1.0)

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We appreciate the additional information, please allow us to check it and we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

Thank you for waiting for our updates.  

Can you please confirm what policies are you trying to change?

Are you referring to the policies as shown in the section 6.1 page 13 in the Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA) Quick Start Guide?

https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000055627/software/manageability-products.html 

If that is the case you should log in as tenant > go to endpoint groups > in the drop-down select view configuration> when you are the current configuration select edit to change the policy.

We will be looking forward to your updates.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
PeterBrown
Beginner

Hi Sergio, 

That's the thing, there is no obvious place to select/click to edit.  This is what I see.  I'm logged in as Tenant Administrator.  You'll not also that the tick boxes are greyed out too.  

Thanks, Peter

Where's the 'Edit' button?Where's the 'Edit' button?

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

Thank you for the information.

Have you tried to create a new Tenant Administrator user and then try to edit Endpoint Group Policy?

You can find more information here:

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page=8

Page 3

We will be looking forward to your updates.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
PeterBrown
Beginner

Yep, promoted a different domain user to Tenant Administrator and no difference.  

It's probably worth noting that we're using Domain Authentication rather than Normal Accounts in our set up.  

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

You need to login as the Global Administrator not using the IP address but in the EMA server console directly. That will allow you to edit the Tenant accounts.

https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/manageability-products/intel-ema-admin-and-usage-guide.pdf#page+8

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We are following your thread and would like to know if you were able to solve your problem.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
PeterBrown
Beginner

Hi Sergio,

Unfortunately, no.  The last advice was for editing the Tenant, I don't want to do that, I want to edit one of the Endpoint Groups in a Tenant.  

Thanks, Peter

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We appreciate the additional information, please allow us to check it and we will get back to you.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

Thank you for waiting for our updates. 

If you want to edit the attributes within the endpoint group configuration (i.e., User Consent for In-Band KVM), this can not be edited and you need to create new endpoint groups with the attributes you desire and add what clients you want in that group.

Only the profiles can be edited.

We hope this information helps you with your questions.

If you need more information, please contact us back.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
Jools86
New Contributor II

Hi,

How do you move PCs between Endpoint Groups?

I have come across the same issue whereby our compliance team want us to edit a setting in an Endpoint Group.

Is there a GUI or programmatic way we can move endpoints between Endpoint Groups in Intel EMA?

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We are following your thread and would like to know if you need more assistance or if we can close this case.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We are following your thread and would like to know if you need more assistance or if we can close this case.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos
SergioS_Intel

Hello PeterBrown,

We are following up on a thread that is still open with the issue Intel EMA - How do you edit the Endpoint Group Policy? we know that this is important for you to get it resolved and it is also equally important for us to get you the right solution. Since we have not seen an update for several days, the case will automatically close after 2 business days.

Best regards,

Sergio S.

0 Kudos