Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

Intel EMA error "endpoint not routable"

MU_Ryan
Beginner

Hello!  I recently set up a server running Intel EMA, and we successfully used TLS provisioning to pull a few client PCs into various endpoints as a proof of concept.  Until today, every endpoint we pulled in worked fine.  However, today I added a new Endpoint Group and put a single machine in it for testing. When I connect to this new PC, it shows as successfully provisioned, Admin Control Mode, and I can easily use the Desktop, Terminal, Files, Services, and WMI tabs.  However, I cannot mount a virtual disk using the USB-R, and the "Intel AMT" tab for this device just hangs on "Loading...".  When I try to mount a disk image, I get an error "Endpoint not routable" and no information in the log files that is of any use to explain this.

The real kicker: if I use something like Mesh Commander, I can connect to the Intel AMT side just fine, use the onboard remote KVM features, and IDE redirection without any trouble, so it's acting like the features are working fine but can't be accessed using the EMA server web interface.  Has anyone encountered this issue  before, or do you have any advice for what I can do to troubleshoot this?

Many thanks,

Ryan

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello MU_Ryan,

Thank you for joining the Intel community

We have seen some issues happening on the EMA web server interphase only. When using MeshCommander the features work correctly. We have seen the power controls > soft power displaying a AMT busy error message too. The issues have been identified and duplicated. It is been worked on already but there is no solution available yet. The workaround is to use an alternate software like MeshCommander until the a new EMA software is been released.

I will look forward for your comments

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos
MU_Ryan
Beginner

Thank you for your response, Jose.

I was able to overcome this error by changing some of the settings in my AMT Configuration for this particular endpoint group, then regenerating the service agent and policy files and re-applying them to the target machine.  Once I did that, it configured itself properly and all subsequent machines in this group have provisioned successfully.  It may have only been a hiccup with this one workstation, or it could have been related to the AMT Configuration network settings (I changed the setting from Primary DNS to Shared with host OS).

In any case the issue appears resolved for the moment. Huzzah!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello MU_Ryan,

Thanks for the update. I am glad to hear the issue seems to be resolved for now. We will proceed to mark this thread as resolved. If you have further issues or questions just go ahead and submit a new topic.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

0 Kudos