Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
idata
Community Manager

Intel Management Engine v. 7.1.20.1119 driver or Firmware?

Hello!

I am about to build my new intel system based on the Intel DZ68DB Motherboard which I decided to buy and the Core I5 2500K. First thing for me is to upgrade the Bios and Drivers, so that everything is up to date. There is something I want to ask.

As I was browsing in the Intel download center I located the Driver called " Intel Management Engine Driver version 7.1.20.1119" (Release date 08/29/2011). Is it the same as the "ME 7.1.20.1119 Firmware update" which is included in the latest v. 0032 Bios Update, or is it something different? Do i need them both?

Also I would like to know if it's better to update Drivers or Bios first. An answer from an expert (or everybody who knows) would be really valuable!

Thank you very much!

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

Both drivers "Intel Management Engine Driver version 7.1.20.1119" and "ME 7.1.20.1119 Firmware update" are the same thing.

Regarding the BIOS update, I would not suggest to do a BIOS update unless there is a particular issue with your system, but if you still want to perform the BIOS update, then I would suggest performing first the BIOS update and then the drivers update.

idata
Community Manager

Thanks for replying Adolfo!

I just wonder. Since the BIOS update is meant to improve support,stability and overall performance, why should it be performed only in problematic situations?

Also I would like to ask what kind of BIOS update does the "Intel Integrator Toolkit" perform? Is it an express BIOS update or another type of BIOS update?

Adolfo_S_Intel2
Employee

The reason that I recommend not to update the BIOS unless there is something wrong with the motherboard, is because updating the BIOS of the motherboard could be a risky task, there is always a possibility of damaging the motherboard.

Hence, I recommend updating the BIOS only of there is an issue with the system.