Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Intel SCS: Platform Discovery Task Sequence

idata
Employee

Hi Everyone,

I'm deploying Intel SCS/AMT with SCCM 2012 and I'm currently wanting to run the Intel SCS: Platform Discovery Task Sequence. I've deployed it out to some test machines and it's not too successful. I'm getting the attached error messages when looking at the SMSTS.log.

The batch files and the .vbs files haven't been changed for this Task Sequence. Everything is stock standard, but for some reason it's failing. I haven't found much help online so I'm helping I can get some here.

I've run this before in Labs etc and it's worked fine, so I'm not sure why it's not working here.

If you have a look at screenshot '9', it will give you what the batch file looks like. I think that is where the problem is. But I'm not sure what to add in there to make it work.

0 Kudos
1 Solution
idata
Employee

Guys, I have managed to get this one resolved myself.

Whilst I can't really explain why this has fixed the issue and why this is the first time I've ever had to do this to get it to work (worked previously without having to do this), this time I had to copy some files over to the Platform Discovery folder.

It's blogged here: http://blog.arkwright.com.au/2016/09/intel-scs-platform-discovery-task.html Adam Arkwright | Technical Blog: Intel SCS: Platform Discovery | Task Sequence Failing

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 Reply
idata
Employee

Guys, I have managed to get this one resolved myself.

Whilst I can't really explain why this has fixed the issue and why this is the first time I've ever had to do this to get it to work (worked previously without having to do this), this time I had to copy some files over to the Platform Discovery folder.

It's blogged here: http://blog.arkwright.com.au/2016/09/intel-scs-platform-discovery-task.html Adam Arkwright | Technical Blog: Intel SCS: Platform Discovery | Task Sequence Failing

0 Kudos