Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2835 Discussions

Intel Teaming card

idata
Employee

Hi

Im Kanag. This is my first thread. I have a Dell desktop PC working in WinXP Prof SP2. I want to put two network cards in the PCI slot and I want to put them in teaming mode. The ultimate aim is to switch over the cards in case of any failure in the card/cable/switch etc. I was go throughing the Intel website. I have found the following option for this:

Intel® PRO/100 S Server Adapter - 1no

Intel® PRO/100 S Desktop Adapter - 1no

Just I wanted to know whether this will solve my purpose or not?

Thanks & Exepecting your valuable reply.

-Kanag

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Hi Kanag,

You need to install Intel(R) PROSet for Windows Device Manager and Advanced Networking Services. Download the latest software package: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/detail_desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=4275 Network Adapter Drivers for Windows* 2000, Windows* XP, and Windows Server* 2003.

See http://www.intel.com/support/network/sb/cs-009747.htm Teaming with Advanced Networking Services (ANS)for a descriptoin of the teaming modes available. Teaming support is for server adapters, so you will need to create your team from the tab in your server adapter properties, but you can add the desktop adapter to the team.

You can get more information on setting up your teams from the http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=11848 User Guide.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi Mark Hanna

Thanks for your reply. I have one more query.

I have a Dell Optiplex 755 desktop PC. The OS is Windows Server 2003 R2. The PC has Intel 82566DM Gigabit network connection (onboard). Im planning to put Intel PRO/1000 PT server adapter in the PCIe-x1 slot or Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter in PCIe-x16 slot. Im looking for teaming between this server adapter with 82566DM Gigabit network connection (onboard).

I just wanted to know the technical possibility of adding the 82566DM Gigabit network connection (onboard) in teaming mode. Is there is any other possibility for teaming with this onboard LAN connection?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Kanag

0 Kudos
Mark_H_Intel
Employee

Teaming a built-in gigabit connection with one of the server adapters will work. The same references I gave before still apply.

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

Hi

Thank very much for your reply.

Regards,

Kanag

0 Kudos
idata
Employee

I think i have a little bit different situation .. my aim is to gather different gateways from different ISP's on to one single gateway so that a load balance is created between all the gateways .... the priority is for increasing the no. of users who uses the internet at the same time without feeling crowded on one gateway .... is that possible.

also i have one more question ... i have already installed the package and created a test team ... would you please tell me what is the IP to give to the newly generated connection ... and how to remove the created team as i tried to remove it but the system hangs up every time i try to do it.

0 Kudos