Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

No KVM Option in MEBx v12

John_T_Intel
Employee

I have finally been able to successfully activate AMT on an HP Prodesk 800 G4 mini desktop. I can connect to it via MeshCommander however, I have no option for 'Remote Control'. When I load the MEBx, there are no options anywhere to set the KVM mode.

Management Engine BIOS Extension v12.0.0.0009/Intel (R) ME v12.0.7.1122.

Is there any updated documentation for this version of MEBx with instructions on how to enable KVM?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
JoseH_Intel
Hello JTies, Thank you for joining the community. Could you tell what method did you use to provision the HP system? Did you accessed the MEBx directly and configured the profile or did you used any of the software like ACUConfig tool? What I think is you might have used the ACUConfig tool and configured the system in Client Control Mode which won't give you the option to enable KVM. Another thing could be to try the Intel Manageability Commander. It is basically the Intel equivalent of the MeshCommander tool. If you can see the KVM option in IMC then you could contact MeshCommander support. Will wait for your feedback. Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
John_T_Intel
Employee

Hi Jose,

I enabled AMT thought the MEBx manually as I was having issues creating the USB stick (another thread in this forum). From the first attempt, I never came across the option for KVM in the MEBx. I had tried to provision via USB stick after the fact but since I had already set a password, it was giving me too much trouble so I didn't make any further attempts. Initially MeshCommander could not even connect to the system but I was able to resolve that so now I can connect, view information about the system, power it on and off, etc... - just no option for remote control. When I connect to one of your NUC devices I had previously setup, the option was right there were the instructions said it would be. Thus far I have been unable to locate and documentation on this version of the MEBx.

John

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello JTies, One more question. Have you tried to update the ME firmware on this HP system? Also did you tried the Intel Manageability Commander software? This IMC is the Intel official tool for remote connection to AMT enabled devices. We know MeshCommander has more options but is not officially supported. I would like you to at least try IMC and find out if the issue is still present. I will try to look for the MEBx v12 documentation with our engineering department. Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
John_T_Intel
Employee

I just installed the Intel Manageability Commander software and while I see the option for 'Remote Control' it still does not work for me. I click the 'Connect' button but after roughly 1 second it stops attempting. I have updated all BIOS and ME firmware to the most recent versions.

John

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello JTies, Could you describe exactly what happens when you click on connect? Do you see any other window trying to open? Any circles spinning and then stopping? One more question is are you using a discreet graphics card or Intel graphics on the remote computer? Probably one possible option would be to setup a remote session with you so we can see exactly what happens and look for a possible solution. Could you tell us a time and date that better works for you? We will look forward for your thoughts Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos
John_T_Intel
Employee

When I click 'connect' the button briefly turns to a 'disconnect' button but then after about 2 seconds it reverts back to 'connect'. No hour glass or any other windows trying to open. The remote machine is using an Intel integrated HD graphics adapter.

I can probably do a remote session - I'm usually available Mon-Fri between 10am - 3pm EDT.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel
Hello JTies, Thanks for the feedback. We will try to schedule a remote session. We will be in contact with you soon. Regards. Jose A. Intel Customer Support Technician Under Contract to Intel Corporation
0 Kudos