Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

O iAMT trava ao tentar controlar qualquer coisa fora do Windows

gugasd
Beginner

Olá!

O último caso ocorreu com um micro HP EliteDesk G6, com Intel Core i5 (acredito que da última geração, pois o PC é muito novo), 8 GB de RAM, SSD de 256 GB (só tem esse drive), Windows 10 na última versão e BIOS atualizado (fiz isso há poucos dias), mas, na verdade, o fato relatado a seguir já ocorreu com todos os demais fabricantes e modelos de PC, como 2 modelos de micros da Positivo, o mais recente com i5 (acho que de nona geração) e o mais antigo com i7 (alguma geração anterior).

Ao tentar usar o recurso Remote Desktop do Mesh Commander a fim de navegar pelo BIOS Setup, mesmo sem chegar a alterar algum valor, ou por ambientes de recuperação ou restauração de imagens, como o Clonezilla, dentro de alguns segundos ou minutos, o Intel AMT congela, de tal forma que nem o micro fica acessível via MeshCommander (não conecta para exibir o menu) nem  a página do AMT do micro fica disponível no IP:16992, deixando de responder (de estar acessível). Passa a ser impossível até reiniciar o micro, e assim permanece enquanto ninguém o opera presencialmente a fim de prosseguir para o Windows ou desligar/reiniciar.

Por quanto tempo consigo ver e controlar o BIOS ou o Clonezilla, é imprevisível, mas é raro levar mais que 3 minutos até travar, o que acaba eliminando o que considero um recurso exclusivo do Intel AMT (em relação a acessos remotos via software), exceto conseguir ligar, resetar, desligar remotamente sem a necessidade do Windows/Linux.

Normalmente, preciso de VPN para usar o recurso, mas também já observei o fato estando na mesma rede local.

Todos os demais sistemas/telas acessados, como controlar a tela de login do Windows ou a área de trabalho, são estáveis e não causam esse travamento aparentemente aleatório.

Isso é comum? Como evitar que ocorra?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Our engineering team ran some tests with KVM in nonTLS configured from MEBx and they were unable to reproduce the issue.

Our recommendation is to go back to HP and open a case with them. They can even contact the Intel development team internally if necessary.

Regards

Jose A.

Intel Customer Support Technician

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Thank you for joining the Intel community.

Since you are using MeshCommander probably it will be better to redirect your question to Open Software Projects - MeshCommander. There is an email address for question and/or suggestions.

From the Intel side, what we could suggest it to try the Intel® Manageability Commander and see if the issue still happens there.

You can also consider to upgrade to Intel® Endpoint Management Assistant (Intel® EMA)

Hope this helps

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
gugasd
Beginner

Thanks a lot for the suggestion!

Unfortunately, with the IMC, the same problem occurred: the connection was lost after restarting while accessing via Remote Desktop, and it is impossible to reconnect for a few hours, in my experience.

I didn't want to use the "Power up / Reset to BIOS" feature because I didn't want to cause any problems in the system, so I restarted the computer normally and kept typing <ESC> (the key used to enter the BIOS Setup of this computer).

I know the BIOS Setup screen is showing because I can't access the computer with other remote access tools, so Windows didn't start.

I don't have a PC with Intel AMT physically available for more than four hours a week at the moment. This greatly limits the tests I can perform.

This time, the BIOS Setup screen didn't even appear, but I can usually see and sometimes operate for a few seconds.

I would really appreciate it if you could give me some guess as to what causes this and how to get around the problem.

When trying to reconnect to the PC, the caption "Loading..." is displayed, until a small error window appears. See attached error message.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

We will need more information about your target systems, but bases on your description it seems possible that you are facing this issue: Intel AMT login error message "User name was not recognized"

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
gugasd
Beginner

Hello Jose.

My firmware version is 14.1.60.1807 so it wouldn't be affected. Our CPU is a tenth generation Core i5, which is also not listed in the description. Also, my error message is very different and only appears after minutes.

As you mentioned the need to fine-tune the hardware settings, I have attached some files with information obtained from the BIOS menu as well as the IMC.

I also discovered the following information in the PDF on IMC Release Notes.

"4 Known Issues
Below is the list of known issues in this version of Intel MC.
- Using the RLE8 or RAW8 image encodings with the KVM feature may result in connection issues on some systems."

I've noticed that iAMT crashes much more often when entering the BIOS menu (ie restarting the computer) without first disconnecting from the "Remote Desktop" feature and waiting a few minutes.

Thank you again!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

There is a similar reported issue on HP EliteDesk G2 but since your systems are pretty new I think this is not the case Known issue with Intel® vPro™ capable HP* systems

Either way, you have provided enough information to elevate this question to our seniour team. I will ask them and will get back to you soon.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Our engineering team is still investigating this issue. As part of that we need some clarification about if whether or not it’s JUST the HP system or if it’s other systems that are also exhibiting this behavior…

We will wait to your updates.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
gugasd
Beginner
Hello Jose!

In fact, I have faced this problem on machines from another manufacturer as well: 2 models made by the company Positivo.

I don't know of any manufacturer/model where this problem doesn't occur.

Unless mistaken, the fact occurs with or without VPN.

So far, the factor that seems to trigger the symptom is using iAMT "Power Commands" to enter BIOS Setup or to boot the PC with drive image capture/restoration tools during a remote access KVM session.

Thank you very much for your attention!
0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Thank you for the extra details. Let me pass this over to our engineering team. I will get back to you as soon as I have news from them.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Could you please provide the MeshCentral logs as well as the Windows Event Viewer log for our analysis?

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
gugasd
Beginner

Hello Jose!

I couldn't find the MeshCommander log (I don't use MeshCentral).

I'm attaching the Intel Manageability Commander log and various Windows event reports, in the latter case in XML format, but let me know if you need another format.

Thanks for the feedback!

0 Kudos
JoseH_Intel

Hello gugasd,

Our engineering team ran some tests with KVM in nonTLS configured from MEBx and they were unable to reproduce the issue.

Our recommendation is to go back to HP and open a case with them. They can even contact the Intel development team internally if necessary.

Regards

Jose A.

0 Kudos
gugasd
Beginner
Ok, Jose! I will contact HP.

I accepted your last post as a solution, as the problem doesn't seem to affect every possible environment.

Thank you again!
0 Kudos