Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2827 Discussions

Problem with provisioning in admin mode

Zoki
Beginner

Hello,

First of all, I need to say that I'm new n this topic.

I have one test machine on which I want to see how things are working (HP Elite 8300, Intel i5-3570, vPRO compatible), Windows10 Pro.

My final goal is to learn how to remotely configure for about 200 PC's as I need to automate my work as much as I could.

I read tutorial from official site, user guide for Intel SCS and also deployment guide.

Before I would ask you some detailed questions for remote configuration, a have some basic things that I need to understand.

• I installed all drivers for my test machine with HP support assistant. Intel ME v8.1.0 is installed with driver package

Is it possible to install newer ME driver, or this is maximum for this (bit old) machine?

• Successfully provisioned PC with ACUWizard

I don't see step where I could provision PC in Admin mode?

I tried to move from client to admin mode with Configurator's ACUConfig command, but I had errors:

The system does not support host-based configuration

• Successfully connected from other PC with MeshCommander but I have problems with User consent

This is enough for now, I will have probably more questions ..

Thank you very much,

0 Kudos
10 Replies
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, Thank you so much for contacting us about this concern, I will be more than happy to assist you. A) Is it possible to install newer ME driver, or this is maximum for this (bit old) machine? If you would like to verify the the lasted ME Driver or ME Firmware update for you unit, our best recommendation will be to contact the OEM Manufacture in order to clarify those details. B) The Admin Mode needs to be provision on the system since the beginning, if you would like to check the status of the ACU configuration please run the following command on the client; #"acuconfig.exe /verbose /output console status.". The host-base is the Client Mode. Because this method has less security related requirements than earlier configuration methods, by default the Intel AMT device is put in the Client Control mode. You can change this setting when you export the profile. Please check the section 1.4.1 Host-based Configuration of the Intel® Setup and Configuration Software (Intel® SCS) User Guide. https://www.intel.com/content/dam/support/us/en/documents/software/Intel_SCS_User_Guide.pdf C) User consent is a new feature available in Intel AMT 6.0 and higher. If user consent is enabled when a remote connection to a computer starts, a message shows on the computer of the user. The message contains a code that the user must give to the person who wants to connect to his computer. The remote user cannot continue the operation until he supplies this code. Could you please so kind and provide us the specific error that you have been facing on this part? Also, please let me know the version that you have installed and provide us the RCS Log File in order to analyze the root cause of the issue. I will be waiting your outcome in order to proceed with the next step. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Zoki
Beginner

Hello Emeth,

Thank you very much for quick answer.

B)

Let's start from the beginning. In this moment, I don't wont to use RCS. As I understand, I will use RCS for remote configuring a number of computers in local network.

Right now, I just wont to configure one test machine. For that purpose, as I said, I used ACUWizard from SCS software package. Whit that, I successfully provisioned my test PC. It is provisioned by default in client mode. Through Installation steps, I didn't see possibility to force provisioning in admin mode.

Is it possible and how to change mode from client to admin on local machine? Or I need to use RCS for that?

C)

I understand the purpose of user consent.

Is it possible to disable user consent in client mode? I didn't see that option. I thought that, it is necessary to configure client PC in admin mode for remote access without user's approve?

D)

On my test machine, I'm having trouble with remote access.

I use MeshCommander.

PC is provisioned in client mode, and when I try to connect from remote machine (in my case it is VM) with MeshCommander, after click on connect, I can't see code on vPro test machine, although I see that remote computer is trying to establish connection (I see that in my installed app "Intel management and security status")

What am I missing?

Thank you,

Sorry for my questions, I now this is basic stuff, but I need to clear everything from the beginning.

0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello, Thank you so much for contacting us back. It will be necessary to set up first the RCS before in order to proceed with the admin mode provision. Yes, the user consent is mandatory if there are configured in Client Control Mode, if you want to remove the user consent requirement, you must configure these devices in Admin Control Mode. if you would like to check more information about the configuration of the MeshCommander, please check the links below; those links will be very useful: https://software.intel.com/en-us/node/754936 https://www.meshcommander.com/meshcommander/tutorials Please let us know if you have any other question, and we will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, I am following up your thread in order to check some details about it. By any chance did you already configure the RCS Server? Do you have the possibility to provide us the RCS Logs? On the other hand, about the ME our best recommendation will be always to make sure the information with the OEM Manufacture in this case HP in order to verify the information. Please, if you have any other question let us know and we will be more than happy to assist you. Best regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, I would like to know if there is anything else that I can assist you with? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Zoki
Beginner
Hello Emeth, Yes, I have few more questions, please give me one more day to finished something. Thank you,
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, Sure, no problem. Please let us know the information as soon as you will accomplish your tasks. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, Any update about this thread? Please let us know if you have any other question in order to assist you with. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, I would like to know if you still need help on this? If so, please do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos
Emeth_O_Intel
Hello Zoran, Due to the fact that I have not seen any activity on this thread, I will proceed and close it. Please if you have any other question, do not hesitate and let me know and I will be more than happy to assist you. Regards, Emeth O. Intel Customer Support Technician. Under Contract to Intel Corporation.
0 Kudos