Intel vPro® Platform
Intel Manageability Forum for Intel® EMA, AMT, SCS & Manageability Commander
2834 Discussions

RAID - Drive replacement Steps

idata
Employee

HI

I have read thru google and on this community to find the CORRECT steps in replacing a faulty drive in a RAID config and have been rather unsuccessful.

Any help on the correct steps to follow would be of great help.

One of the drives in a 4 Drive RAID setup when faulty and Matrix Storage Console advised the replacement.

I removed the 1X 320GB drive and replaced it with a 500GB as no 320gb are available.

The RAID Drive has been partitioned into 2 drives Boot C: and Data E:

I booted the machine,started the rebuild and the process finished after 8 hours with version 7.5 of the matrix storage console.

Most server services are fine as they reside on the boot drive being C:, The E: drive with all the backup information does not even show up as drive in windows explorer.

What are the steps to follow in such a environment?

The only option i could find was a upgrade to use full space option which selected and now the RAID is migrating to this setup. Was this the right choice?

rgds

Miro

0 Kudos
2 Replies
idata
Employee

The problem thickens. Like always!

The DATA e: is a stripping drive... oops !

So how do i kinda rollback to a state where i can put back the "failing" drive, try and backup the E: which was supposed to be the backup drive to a NAS??

Any whizz kids out there on RAID!

0 Kudos
MICHELE_G_Intel
Employee

Hi there! Please post your question over at the support community (/community/tech http://communities.intel.com/community/tech). This community is specific to Intel vPro technology.

Thanks!

Michele

0 Kudos